what else do i need to get into 12s

Yeah, my brother after enough of us breaking his balls, has slid right into driving the car hard.

His car with a stock HO cam went 12.1xs @ 110-111. Freshened the heads and a custom cam and it went into the 12.0s, then 11.8s after some more seat time.

A well done GT40 combo is an 11 second set up. An average one, should be into the 12s on a tire. A slow one would be a 13 second car, or one where the supporting mods were ignored.

• Sponsors (?)

If you wanna maximize what you have and run an impressive number your gonna have to drive the car like you dont care if it breaks or just build it strong enough that you know it will not break, its pretty much that simple. Your combo driving like a girl would run anywhere from 13.8-14.8, if you really get some seat time in it, then 12's should be no problem at all. If your planning on building a motor then dont waste money on this one and just drive the wheels off of it while putting together the new motor.

Not sure if thats the truth, but I more or less have the fastest times in any car I have driven on the same day as their owner.

:D

Honestly, practice it. Preload the handle for the next gear, set the clutch cable to release at half throw or so, keep the right foot planted and when you hit that right RPM, stab the clutch about 3/4 down quick. Hand should be ready and halfway into the next gear by the time your foot s coming back up.

Just practice it, run a "weak" clutch and make the tranny earn its keep.

Oh yeah, did I say run a "weak" clutch. :D

I like the Z cam, idles great, pulls 6,500-7k, must have a 3.73 gear.
But your set-up a F cam is about max, the holley systemax cam would probably be perfect. My experience with cams is the holley cam and every ford racing cam there is.

lol if only i had such driving skills
, good/consistant reaction times is the hardest part, launching is pretty easy(with slicks, harder with drag radials, very hard with street tires), the key to fast ETs is powershifting, when learning, its hard to keep the throttle planted (natural reflex is to lift). Mistake most people make trying to learn(me too), is shifting too fast, causing yourself to miss-shift repeatedly and give up. once you get it down you see it's not as hrd as you though.

Not sure if thats the truth, but I more or less have the fastest times in any car I have driven on the same day as their owner.

:D

Honestly, practice it. Preload the handle for the next gear, set the clutch cable to release at half throw or so, keep the right foot planted and when you hit that right RPM, stab the clutch about 3/4 down quick. Hand should be ready and halfway into the next gear by the time your foot s coming back up.

Just practice it, run a "weak" clutch and make the tranny earn its keep.

Oh yeah, did I say run a "weak" clutch. :D
Thanks man its how they say every day you learn something new

I like the Z cam, idles great, pulls 6,500-7k, must have a 3.73 gear.
But your set-up a F cam is about max, the holley systemax cam would probably be perfect. My experience with cams is the holley cam and every ford racing cam there is.

, good/consistant reaction times is the hardest part, launching is pretty easy(with slicks, harder with drag radials, very hard with street tires), the key to fast ETs is powershifting, when learning, its hard to keep the throttle planted (natural reflex is to lift). Mistake most people make trying to learn(me too), is shifting too fast, causing yourself to miss-shift repeatedly and give up. once you get it down you see it's not as hrd as you though.

im running those cobra rockers i think there 1.7 would there be any pvc on the f303 ..... and yea its hard to keep the throttle planted i tried it on my way to the store hopefully ill get better at it thanks for the info

I got my82 into the high 12's with about 275 hp. Its a C4 car. Basicly, all the tricks, remove every bit of weight you can, skinny tires, etc. I still have a 7.5 in rear in the car, as its lighter. Manual brakes, alum bumpers, four cylinder brakes, light seats, etc.

Make sure the suspension is working.

heres a pic of my baby just thought i would how you with what im working with
x6g3z9.jpg

View attachment 236438

ill take some pics of the engine later

Yes, the 82 is carbed. It was originally a straight six, no ac GL model. I have the car weight down to 2800 lbs or so, and a decent engine, converter and trans combo. Also 4.10 gears and drag radials.

No backseat, no front swaybar, alum bumpers, 7.5 axle, and a bunch of little things. Has boxed stock control arms, 1980 rubber bushings, and Lakewood traction bars. Minimal exhaust.

Still has wipers, heater, horn, etc and is streetable.

Has been a very fun car.

Yes, the 82 is carbed. It was originally a straight six, no ac GL model. I have the car weight down to 2800 lbs or so, and a decent engine, converter and trans combo. Also 4.10 gears and drag radials.

No backseat, no front swaybar, alum bumpers, 7.5 axle, and a bunch of little things. Has boxed stock control arms, 1980 rubber bushings, and Lakewood traction bars. Minimal exhaust.

Still has wipers, heater, horn, etc and is streetable.

Has been a very fun car.
damm i cant wait to get my car in the 12s

I got my82 into the high 12's with about 275 hp. Its a C4 car. Basicly, all the tricks, remove every bit of weight you can, skinny tires, etc. I still have a 7.5 in rear in the car, as its lighter. Manual brakes, alum bumpers, four cylinder brakes, light seats, etc.

Make sure the suspension is working.
my buddy had like a 84, had single exahust even, 100% stock, except for a 780 mechanical seondary carb and like a 200hp nos plate(hidden). thing was crazy fast, biggest sleeper ever, 11 sec car that looks like it runs 15s. He taught me to powershift, let him drive my car, it was crazy! couldnt believe my car could be so fast, I was like dude, teach me! haha

Car looks sharp, and theres no cheap way to upgrade a T-5, if i was in your shoes i'd look for a used TKO setup. Also, when it comes to getting shifting right, clutch engagement and being comfortable with the car are key. Begining of the season my clutch cable was all messed up and i was using a kind of akward shift knob, and i couldnt powershift to save my life. I fixed the clutch issue and put a stock shift knob on it and now i can shift the car like it deserves to be. The knob made the biggest difference to me though

I agree, when I sit in my car it's what I'm used to. Driving hard is second nature.

Adjust the clutch to grab where you like it, adjust the seat so your not leaned back looking cool, and make sure when you go for a gear, you mean it.

Yea i sit right on top of the wheel when im racing the car, and as silly as it sounds, you have to believe your gonna make the gear, if you have any doubts, there is a good chance you will miss