Fox What's A Fair Asking Price For High Mileage Stock 5.0/t-5 Setup?

wiseguyk

5 Year Member
Sep 23, 2016
Florida
Hey guys,

I pulled my stock motor and transmission last weekend and have a friend of a friend interested in buying everything. I told him I'd get back to him with pictures and a price but have no real idea what a fair price would be to give him.

It's a 1991 5.0 with intake, fuel rails, injectors, BBK shorty ceramic headers, etc, and WC T-5 transmission with bellhousing, flywheel, and crossmember.

Can you guys please give me some advice on what you think would be a fair price?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys, I've had the car for a year and a half but don't know the true mileage unfortunately. The odometer rolled over soon after I got it and I always assumed it was to 200k but don't know for sure.

As far as rebuilds, again I'm not sure, but it was an FHP SSP car so maybe it saw more regular maintenance than most foxes? When I pulled the motor it was still running really strong and had no issues aside from a leaking rear main seal.

I'll stick with $750. I'd say $300ish for the motor, $200ish for the tran and $250 for all the odds and ends like bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, x-member etc.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree the trans is worth 7-800 If you can find one. and that leaves a good running 5.0 is worth about 3-5 i would shot for 1000. So maybe start at1200 let chew you down and feel good about it. But if its a really good friend and you are too. take whatever he' got let him trade you or owe you. or just be a good friend cut him a deal.

I got a 5.0 with 120000 miles on it and the t5 for 150 bucks. But i got super lucky and it was going to get crushed. Two guys did me a favor I paid them 75 each to pull it so if I wanted to try to look extra cool. I really got it free

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Mechanics friends always want a friends/family discount. How about a friends and family bonus?! At least they know you're going to treat their car right.

These days I work more keeping my family's cars going than I do on my own. It's nice when everything on your car works right and maintenance is up to date. I went home for the holidays and every vehicle needed some work. On the one hand it's nice to feel appreciated that I am saving them a ton of money and trouble. On the other, I really hope they don't find themselves on the side of the road somewhere because they can't be bothered with routine stuff.

Reactions: 1 users