Whats needed for a fox body a/t to manual?

1TRIKGT

Mar 31, 2005
Miami, Fl
Im parting out my 88' and I have a guy that wants to convert his auto to a 5-speed and buy my parts, but I wunna make sure that im not missing anything in my list so whats all needed to do the conversion?

• Sponsors (?)

- T5 transmission :D
- Tranny crossmember
- Bell housing + clutch fork
- Flywheel
- Clutch/pusherplate
- Block plate
- Clutch cable
- Pedal assembly
- Speedometer cable (not sure)

I don't remember if the driveshaft is of the same length but I think it is if his AOD has an 8.8 and if your T5 car also has an 8.8...

If you want to get picky I think the gas pedal isn't the same on a 5-speed car...

Well, there's the basics.....tranny, clutch, clutch cable, crossmember. The driveshafts are the same. The trans to engine index plate is different, there is a wiring harness for the reverse lights that's different and the biggest pain in the ass is the pedals. Oh yeah.....you have do a little magic under the dash to rig up the thing that keeps the car from starting if the clutch is not depressed....this may be a plug in sort of thing. I cant think of anything else.....transmount maybe?

QDRHRSE said:
Well, there's the basics.....tranny, clutch, clutch cable, crossmember. The driveshafts are the same. The trans to engine index plate is different, there is a wiring harness for the reverse lights that's different and the biggest pain in the ass is the pedals. Oh yeah.....you have do a little magic under the dash to rig up the thing that keeps the car from starting if the clutch is not depressed....this may be a plug in sort of thing. I cant think of anything else.....transmount maybe?

You'll find the wires on the right with connectors connected to a loom. Just remove the loom and plug the wires to the pedal assembly and voila :D Oh and unplug the wires from the AOD and plug into the T5, the T5 harness will switch the backup lights and bypass the neutral safety switch.