Progress Thread “Rising from Ashes 7” 85 GT T-Top build thread

Its his money, not ours. Let’s spend it!!

Reactions: 1 user
If you really wanna be different..
Do not put another ford anything under the hood. ( it’s already been done a bagillion times already)
At the same time, do not put a GM anything under the hood either…( it’s already been done a bagillion times already)

Honestly,…I’m at a paradox….I can’t possibly recommend what to put under the hood ….

All I know is:

It shouldn’t be a Ford engine…
And
It shouldn’t be a GM engine..

Wheres that leave us?….

What’s left has already been done a Carmichaelangelotime

Peddles.
There are enough smart ahhhh people around here to figure gear multiplication ratios to get it to move.
Surprised no one said Ferrari engine but sadly I have already done that too in a customers 65 fastback a few yrs ago. Since Im probably goin to give this car to my son when he turns 16…the ole 302 is probably goin to be best.

Reactions: 2 users
Today marks 2 weeks since I drug the 85 into the garage and started on it. Got the engine bay down to a blank canvas. Body work has also began with shaving the antenna hole.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, to convert a GT hatch into an LX hatch the right way is pretty time consuming. Welding up a bunch of holes and drilling a bunch of new ones. Of course I had other repairs to make as well.

All these pieces prepped, fitted, stripped and primed in epoxy. The spoiler I molded
Off another one and made it slightly longer to match the rear bumper distance from the car.

Bumper sanded And getting the front liscense plate holes filled, epoxy is always the first step once parts have been sanded down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users