Progress Thread 89 hatch hydroplanedrifterweldeddiff thread:

Man that sucks.
Having hit a barrier at about 45 in one of my old sn’s, I’d guess you may been going a little slower - which probably saved your ass.

Wrecks at 45+ destroy :poo:.

2EF2097D-67BF-4B37-960C-EE2AF8CCF878.jpeg

Ask me how I know lol

• Sponsors (?)

Damn. That sucks! It happens i guess. Ya the more i thought about it, just glad my wheel/tire didnt hit the barrier and cause a potential roll. I was probably 70 degrees to the barrier judging by bumper hit, exploded the front bumper under the bumper cover. But there was still a suprisingly major force when it hit it.

Spun a 360. Came to stop, started car and drove off. Like we good. Lol.

Update: talked to my neighbor who we found out used to own a body shop. He said they can straighten the rails. Prob a $400 operation. Saves a little money and a lot of labor. Neighbor is building a SVO foxbody.

And i didnt know LMR sells those aprons ahead of the shocktower. But then im in tube front territory if i do all that... so ill just bang em in and make bracket or if needed... ill make it work. Lol.

Honestly id rather go tube front and save the 40-50lbs. + the fab would be fun as :poo: and look badass. But ill save it for later.

Reactions: 1 user
Ya about that... wasnt wearing a seatbelt lol. Not a laughing matter i know.. but when im in that car i treat it like i was on a streetbike. I clamped on the steering wheel hard af right before inoact and decided to sacrifice my wrist or arm if needed. But thankfully wasnt that bad. I have a motto i tell myself. I aint flying out the car less the steering wheel comes with me. My head def lunged forward a lot. Not sure how close i got to the wheel. But didnt hit it thankfully..

Spent a lot of today dissassemblibg these injectors and cleaning them. Holy moly, these filters were not easy to get out. Then i wire brushed em in varsol. Cleaned up nice..

Then i cleaned up the gt40 lower in varsol/wire brush, then drilled the 9/16 holes for the ACT and EGR. The EGR hole managed to pull off in our small drill press. The angled ACT hole had to by hand clamoed in a vise. Was a PITA with dull drill. Wollowed out .040 (.600 on 1 axis, .580 other way) but itll work b/c .563 a little small anyway.. ive done worse as a machinist and made it work lol. Cept it was a $10k inconel block for GE. Oops.

Injector pic overload:
20200726_164252.jpg
20200726_164322.jpg
20200726_174814.jpg
20200726_182606.jpg
20200726_184241.jpg
20200726_184247.jpg

How its sittin now... before and after of teardown.
Mods going in:
Tube front
Trunk battery
3g alt
Contour e fans
Power steering cooler
Solid motor mounts

I think thats it for this round. Not much in performance, shifting weight around, losing some lbs, cooling better. Might feel a difference with the motor mounts though and maybe the weight loss off front end.
20200806_131207.jpg
20200808_191307.jpg
20200808_001642.jpg
had this paint laying around from 12 yrs ago when i did some chrome bmx rims. Was like ok. Lol. So any little chrome thing in engine bay will get thia treatment. Will be hydrodipping the gt40 upper/lower woodgrain. Valve covers hydro carbon. Black on other things, maf, throttle body/spacer. But thats next round.
20200805_200509.jpg

Last edited:
Ok... I went back, saw the pic of the rabbit eating from your hand. Very cool! I like wildlife ( if they are not ripping my garbage apart). How did you do it, and how long did it take?

Ok... I went back, saw the pic of the rabbit eating from your hand. Very cool! I like wildlife ( if they are not ripping my garbage apart). How did you do it, and how long did it take?

damn. We have a ton of rabbits in my area, and while they are very comfortable with people, I haven’t yet gotten them to feed from my hand. That would be inpressive.

I can’t go outside without tripping over a rabbit, or Turkey.

at night, these guys are all over
8589AC58-9DD9-49CA-86D0-2955E5DE75F5.jpeg

I read through your, "accident report" :rolleyes:

Eh.... You really need to start doing things [differently] because I never know what to do with accounts when the people die :O_o:

• Surprised
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users