94 Cobra Progress Thread (formerly Help Me Decide Thread)

The tail lights look nice, but once I reinstalled them I can see how the color is off....a lot. :(

I am going to take the gas cover off and have them try to match the paint. I went with the paint code but what you see is what I ended up with.

7D5jyV.jpg

So, I installed my new front lights to make me feel better

Before

vM6lYp.jpg

After

UwCJty.jpg

ccNKwY.jpg
Ive always liked the way those taillamps on the 94-95's looked when the frames are painted flat black, but that's just me, or maybe the YOUNGER me! :confused:

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I know I had a heck of a time getting my taillight covers to match on my 95' Rio Red Cobra when I repainted them. I did the whole light primer thing but ended up having to find a different color that matched very very closely when dried. I'll see if I can find any of it still sitting in my garage, but I doubt I do anymore. My car was garaged all it's life so the paint was cherry, it was just the tails that started to dull like yours.

Your car is bringing back some memories, nice find!

Reactions: 1 user
Ok @Davedacarpainter , I have promoted you to paint god of stangnet! Here is why.....

Light gray primer....

j0xAcp.jpg

four coats of base...

eCFwNJ.jpg

Perfect match!

jadgq8.jpg

Thanks Dave, I would have never known about the primer having an effect on the base. The match is near perfect now.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm pretty sure I fixed my battery drain issue. If the car sat for a couple of days the battery would be dead. I noticed when I turned on the interior light via the light switch there was a clicking sound coming from the trunk on the drivers side. It sounded similar to a relay clicking. It was the keyless entry module. Well, as you probably know, I buy things I don't need on occasion, and I happened to have another module. I swapped them, the clicking sound is gone when the interior light is turned on and the battery doesn't seem to drain now when the car sits. Hopefully that's it, otherwise I will be chasing wires which I hate.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm pretty sure I fixed my battery drain issue. If the car sat for a couple of days the battery would be dead. I noticed when I turned on the interior light via the light switch there was a clicking sound coming from the trunk on the drivers side. It sounded similar to a relay clicking. It was the keyless entry module. Well, as you probably know, I buy things I don't need on occasion, and I happened to have another module. I swapped them, the clicking sound is gone when the interior light is turned on and the battery doesn't seem to drain now when the car sits. Hopefully that's it, otherwise I will be chasing wires which I hate.
Dang, you really buy stuff you don’t need! I wouldn’t have bought that. Good job!

If he used it, he needed it. Soooo:shrug:
Proper autospeak - he buys stuff he don't need yet?
Or in my case, when I need it I can't find it so I buy another one then find that one so I just throw it away till I need another one. :bang:

Yeah, I went with a friend today. He bought a complete 89 lx 5.0 5 speed hatchback for $300. I am going to help him strip it. Car has no title (no not stolen) but is a running driving rust free car. He's going to do a 5 speed swap in his coupe and this was a perfect candidate. I am actually considering renting a storage unit. My garage is getting super full.....

I put the running horse back in the grill. It had a snake. 94-95 cobras had the horse in the grill, and I just learned that all cobras actually had the horse. I like it better with the proper grill emblem.

g3wbwo.jpg

GzhymE.jpg

I also swapped out the passenger's seat for the one I got yesterday. After comparing them I realized the one I got yesterday was in way better shape than the one in the car. It's too bad the driver's seat was in really bad shape.

L4milN.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I dont want to know why you are thinking of Barneys mouth........
Bwaahaahaahaahaa! Sometimes I set myself up spectacularly......

I don’t remember if it was from here or fep that someone had a purple fiberglass hood and asked me for help.

This was right after the pictures were shown of that one hood that had the horse on the jamb side with the cobra coming out of its mouth.

The joke between us was to paint a Barney with a cobra coming out of his mouth....it seemed funny at the time.....:nonono: