94 Cobra Progress Thread (formerly Help Me Decide Thread)

• Sponsors (?)

Clutch is done. Took the car for a drive. Drives really nice. Shifts great, clutch is nice and light. Really glad it's done. It feels slow compared to my coupe and convertible, but it's still a cobra! :nice::nice:

Reactions: 2 users
I put on a new clutch cable when I did the clutch. Today my clutch cable broke. Not the actual cable but the part where it is against the firewall adjuster pulled the outer cable through the plastic. Luckily I was close to home and got home in 2nd gear. I put the old adjustable cable back on for now and ordered the ford racing cable. I bought the broken cable from a member of another site a while back, so I don't really know what brand it is? The clutch is a stock replacement and the pedal was really nice and light and felt great so I don't think there is a problem there, I think the cable just sucked....

39uRSY.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I've seen that issue with aftermarket parts house cables. If the plastic isn't white at the ends I won't use them. That issue has almost stranded me several times. If they dont pull through the end they'll bind up in the casing causing the pedal to get really stiff. I will not install them pin customers cars.

Good job on the headlights :nice:

The tail lights look nice, but once I reinstalled them I can see how the color is off....a lot. :(

I am going to take the gas cover off and have them try to match the paint. I went with the paint code but what you see is what I ended up with.

7D5jyV.jpg

So, I installed my new front lights to make me feel better

Before

vM6lYp.jpg

After

UwCJty.jpg

ccNKwY.jpg

Very nice on the headlights. As far as tails, red is such a hard color to match. I didnt install the hood scoop on my car yet because it doesnt match my hood also. Just leave them sit in the sun for a couple years while you drive your notch, then theyll match!

The tail lights look nice, but once I reinstalled them I can see how the color is off....a lot. :(

I am going to take the gas cover off and have them try to match the paint. I went with the paint code but what you see is what I ended up with.

7D5jyV.jpg

So, I installed my new front lights to make me feel better

Before

vM6lYp.jpg

After

UwCJty.jpg

ccNKwY.jpg
Alright Chris, the primer you used beneath your red is too dark. Reds are very transparent.

I’m betting the red is closer than you thought or that it appears on your taillights right now.

You’ll either have to get a lighter grey undercoat or spray several more coats of red before clear coating.

Reactions: 2 users