Progress Thread Epik's Official Progress Thread

• Sponsors (?)

good call on taking pics of that. I used one from Advanced Auto Parts. It is 3/8" female end to 1/4" male thread.

No prob. I figured it would be useful for people getting ready to do 5 lug swaps....:nice:

More parts arrived today...YAAAY!!!!:D

Ratech deluxe gear install kit from Summit Racing... It includes Pinion Shims, carrier shims, CrushSleeve, PinionSeal, Pinion Nut, Ring Gear Bolts, Head Bearing, Tail Bearing, Carrier Bearings, Axle Seals, & Axle Bearings...... basically everything u need to install new axles & gears. I might try to spring for the track loc rebuild kit as well if I have the cash after I do some Xmas shopping (not for myself btw)....

CIMG3186.jpg

The part # is Ratech 3800k if anyone is interested. Here is the link...

Ratech 3008K - Ratech Deluxe Ring and Pinion Kits - summitracing.com

Attachments

• CIMG3186.jpg
    CIMG3186.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 138
Good call on the install kit. I would definitely spring for track loc kit as well. Now is the time.

The track loc should be shimmed so that the new clutches and spider gears are very difficult to install. If not, even with new clutches, the track loc will not function very well.

Mine was pretty difficult to install. I knew I had it right during assembly of the cross pin...moderate resistance.

I am doing 3.73's as well & I hope to paint the housing, but Im not sure if I will be able too because I doubt I will be removing the housing from the car...

you will be able. jack it up and put jack stands under the rear subframe. that way the rear end hangs down more. you will have plenty of room. ( how i did it on my ole 88 )

I would get the 03-09 Cobra spec traction loc rebuild kit. Comes with carbon fiber friction plates. I did my trac loc with it, I just havent been able to see how it performs but my guess is that it works damn well.

Hey Everyone, i just have to say thanks for all the info you guys put on here.Im putting a 95GT spindle set-up on my 89 GT . Im buying the brake lines this week and im excited that i dont have to flare any lines.All i need now is that fitting.Thanks Again, Lanky

I wish I could say I had some updates, but unfortunately they STILL arent on the car yet....:nonono:

I havent had the cash to get the remainder of the parts I need which are a 93 Cobra booster, master cylinder, prop valve, & a track loc rebuild kit... I wanna do it all once, & do it right. Also, I have had a hard time finding a buddy to help me with the install because I dont have all the tools to do this swap by myself....

Hopefully I will have this done soon...

Well I know its been months since I have updated this thread, & the progress came to a halt for a while, but I just haven't had the funds, or time lately. BUT today, I finally made some small progress.

Its just baby steps, but I got my front tires mounted today....

DSC_0042-1.jpg

DSC_0043-1.jpg

DSC_0052-2.jpg

I bought these tires a while back from a buddy of mine. They are slightly used 255/40/17 BFG KDW2's... I have been running the KDW2's on my Mach for 2+ years, & I love em'... Although they get noisy with wear, they handle great, they grip like crazy for a street tire, they last long, & they are great in the rain as well...

Here is a pic of what they should look like on the car....:D

DSC_0055.jpg

I also painted my front rotor hats not too long ago....

Before....
CIMG3166.jpg

Masked up for paint.... I make sure I leave a little of the surface exposed, that way once the use the brakes once, it will rub off the excess & leave a nice clean line...

CIMG3168.jpg

Painted semi gloss black... I know it looks jagged, but it will get scrubbed off the 1st time I use the brakes. Its always best to paint a little more than you need, that way you know that you wont leave any exposed which will end up rusting later....

DSC_0002.jpg

I am very motivated on getting this done ASAP. Next weekend, I should be getting the rear end done. I am gonna use a core my buddy has, that way I can paint it satin black since its out of the car. Im gonna also have my buddy help me rebuild the Trac lock, & install the 3.73's & 5 lug axles... Then I will swap it in the car along with the Bilstein shocks.... Then hopefully not too long after that, most likely the following week end, I will get the front done....