Engine LOOSE ROCKER ARMS!!HELP!

There was clacking under my valve cover took it off and some of the rockers were loose so I bought all new pushrods,lifters, and valve springs all stock sizes . Putting it back together everything is torqued but all the rockers are loose except for the ones with the lifters that are fully pushed in from the pushrod . I soaked my lifters put I was still able to push it in ,is that normal? It's a stock car please help it's my daily so I need this thing back on the road

• Sponsors (?)

m6500r302h_6789.jpg
M6500R302H85-95 MUSTANG 5.0/5.8L PERFORM110$179.99$179.99RETURN THIS ITEM
cca-782616_9150.jpg
CCA-78261685-95 MUSTANG 5.0L COMP CAMS H110$40.95$40.95RETURN THIS ITEM
tfs-2500100_9801.jpg
TFS-250010079-95 MUSTANG 5.0L/5.8L TRICK110$186.99$186.99
These are parts I used
-lifters
-pushrods
-valve springs

I always check old parts against the new ones, so lifters are same height?push rods same length?,ect.
Then adjust rockers properly( if you dont know , find out) Me I use the turn motor over till the rocker I'm working on is on base of cam then roll push rod
between my fingers and tighten down till push rod has resistence,then 1\2 turn more.
Just my two cents.

Thanks, that's what I thought so I took a pushrod and lifter out and they are the same , I will try what you said tomorrow, what if the arms still have play after I do that? the only ones that are tight are the ones with the lifters raised up .

Thanks, that's what I thought so I took a pushrod and lifter out and they are the same , I will try what you said tomorrow, what if the arms still have play after I do that? the only ones that are tight are the ones with the lifters raised up
I always check old parts against the new ones, so lifters are same height?push rods same length?,ect.
Then adjust rockers properly( if you dont know , find out) Me I use the turn motor over till the rocker I'm working on is on base of cam then roll push rod
between my fingers and tighten down till push rod has resistence,then 1\2 turn more.
Just my two cents.
Just my two cents.

Thanks, that's what I thought so I took a pushrod and lifter out and they are the same , I will try what you said tomorrow, what if the arms still have play after I do that? the only ones that are tight are the ones with the lifters raised up .

On every stock 5.0 I've taken the factory rockers were a little loose. Have you tried using a drill to prime your oil system? Once you get everything pumped up the rocker might tighten up.

Reactions: 1 user
Going to disagree with you... A TERRIBLE confusing video....
I agree, not good.
we have a write up in the tech/how to thread.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, not good.
we have a write up in the tech/how to thread.
Is this for stock rocker arms ?