Engine LOOSE ROCKER ARMS!!HELP!

• Sponsors (?)

Uh oh. That's the oil pump drive. The camshaft turns the distributor, the distributor turns that shaft, and that shaft turns your oil pump.

You need to shine a light down there and see if you can still see it. If you can't you might have to drop the oil pan.
Yes it looks like its in the oil pump could it have fallen in the right place? Is the shaft tip supposed to be that high where the hole is next the cam

Yes it looks like its in the oil pump could it have fallen in the right place? Is the shaft tip supposed to be that high where the hole is next the cam
There is a split spring washer that keeps the drive shaft from coming out of the pump. When you lifted the distributor out it pulled the shaft up, take your socket/extension and put it on the shaft and you can tell if it's still connected to the pump.

58F61040-741E-4E26-B9E1-BF2946764EB0.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Well you're in luck, we can teach you all the bad habits you need to succeed.
First, if you're gonna work on this junk, get a assembly manual for your year stang. Not a chiltons or haynes, go to fleabay and find a Ford assembly manual. It will look like this:
IMG_20210418_120753.jpg

Looks like it's OK to me. Had us scared for a minute. Lol

I use a 1/4 inch deep socket on a 1/4 inch 6 inch extension. Tape it up well. You don't want the socket to fly off.

Once you start turning it with a drill you'll know if it isn't sitting right. Looks good to me in the pic. If you don't get any oil pressure then it's not seated or your going the wrong direction. The distributor spins counter clockwise.

I am scared for him. Makes a pit in my stomach thinking when I was seventeen, and screwing up cars by not thinking right. Not having the right tools. Then sending the piece of crap to the junkyard because I messed it up. Back then I was on my own with no help. Even now I have to tell myself to slow down, and think.

Well you're in luck, we can teach you all the bad habits you need to succeed.
First, if you're gonna work on this junk, get a assembly manual for your year stang. Not a chiltons or haynes, go to fleabay and find a Ford assembly manual. It will look like this:
IMG_20210418_120753.jpg
You work on cars in those shoes?