Build Thread My 1986 T-top Build - Lasting Memories

I like, "just little tornadoes..." Lol, only someone from OK would say that. A tornado is a f'in tornado man! But glad you emerged unscathed again. Last night I was out having a counseling session with Rocket (my car, named by my now 6 year old). Finally coaxed her to let that dropped hood bolt find my magnet, and not rattle around in the dark abyss it was stuck in while I drove. In return for the kind act, I promptly ordered a Whiteline watts link system to reward her. Followed by an order today of a bumpsteer kit and some CC plates. I keep watching you, Mike and the likes with your projects and decided to drain a little savings on getting my car where I want it. After the little hiccup I had in Oct 2014, she has had some little gripes I left unsorted. This summer is the time to become overjoyed with the car again I have decided. Anywho, not to detrail, just rambling. Hurry up with the tubbing, your 3 days are LONG past!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I like, "just little tornadoes..." Lol, only someone from OK would say that. A tornado is a f'in tornado man! But glad you emerged unscathed again. Last night I was out having a counseling session with Rocket (my car, named by my now 6 year old). Finally coaxed her to let that dropped hood bolt find my magnet, and not rattle around in the dark abyss it was stuck in while I drove. In return for the kind act, I promptly ordered a Whiteline watts link system to reward her. Followed by an order today of a bumpsteer kit and some CC plates. I keep watching you, Mike and the likes with your projects and decided to drain a little savings on getting my car where I want it. After the little hiccup I had in Oct 2014, she has had some little gripes I left unsorted. This summer is the time to become overjoyed with the car again I have decided. Anywho, not to detrail, just rambling. Hurry up with the tubbing, your 3 days are LONG past!
Okay, first off, I'm assuming I'm one of the likes in "Mike and the likes". So, I'm a mini-Mike, working on my mini-tub.

Anyhow, I still have two days left in my mini-tub.

Glad you have decided to work on your damn car finally! A watts link is a very cool thing. I really like Whiteline's stuff as well. Wish they made more fox stuff.

The right side of the car is taking slightly longer than I anticipated, funny how the measurements of the frame can differ from one side to the other. No big delays, just a little longer.

I started fitting the tub tonight, lots of little trimming here and there. Trimming and preparing to install the shortened seat belt bracket.

I'm going to a jy this Saturday morning with my brother. Says there are a few fox bodies there! I'm supposed to be buying my fuel system tonight, I believe I will wait till after the jy. Any money left, then Holley here I come. BUT, if I find a nice '86 and before hatch, I'm all over it!!

You need Vortech in your near future!!

Last edited:
Oh, and I lol'd at the little tornado commentary. We get little ones thru here on occasion. One went thru my little town about 5 years ago and tore up the subway sandwich joint. Twisted up some trees, tore up some roofs, not much else. I used to see them out on the bay in my boat. I've been within a mile of three water spouts at one time. Didn't like that much.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, first off, I'm assuming I'm one of the likes in "Mike and the likes". So, I'm a mini-Mike, working on my mini-tub.

You need Vortech in your near future!!

I said, "watching YOU, Mike and the likes..." So yeah, youre one of the likes, lol. I still have a payment on my car, so no supercharger anytime soon. I have already done quite a bit with it, even more than it may appear considering having to fix it from a "disagreement" with the ol' gal on staying on the road in 2014 (no, there were no crowds to hit). But until its paid for, my budget* is about $1K in aftermarket parts per year.

* what my wife thinks I spend

I said, "watching YOU, Mike and the likes..." So yeah, youre one of the likes, lol. I still have a payment on my car, so no supercharger anytime soon. I have already done quite a bit with it, even more than it may appear considering having to fix it from a "disagreement" with the ol' gal on staying on the road in 2014 (no, there were no crowds to hit). But until its paid for, my budget* is about $1K in aftermarket parts per year.

* what my wife thinks I spend

*If mine only knew...

I don't know CPR. And I prefer my women be able to talk without a speech impediment.

That may be why my wife prefers to stay out of the loop..........she doesn't want to have a heart attack, or a stroke.
Think mine is the same Mike, she knows I get a lot of boxes delivered, but doesn't ask too many questions.

All I've got to say, is I get off work before her and carry the boxes from the porch to the shop. So far, it seems to work.

A REAL turd floater:
image.jpg

Ugh....to be fair I just hired a new employee that happens to be a beer aficionado like ourselves. She comes from Fargo and also likes olives in her beer. Must be a Midwest thing.

I've never tried olives in beer, but I'll bet it's great. My dad used to shake salt in his beer and I thought that was gross. Then I tried it. MMMMMMM! Salty beer!

I've never tried olives in beer, but I'll bet it's great. My dad used to shake salt in his beer and I thought that was gross. Then I tried it. MMMMMMM! Salty beer!
That's it Allen, it adds a salty flavor. My grandma was the one who showed me that trick when I was a boy.

I like the savory flavor of olives as well. Kills the harshness.

When I try new beers, sometimes I'm surprised at how hoppy they are. When the hops that are used are too bitter for me, in go the olives. I mean.......I'm NOT going to get rid of the beer, am I?

If I've made a bad choice in a beer that I don't like the taste, I've got no problem either leaving it on the bar and ordering another, or pouring it down the drain. No way in hell I'll drink some of the citrus/fruit flavored ones, and the really bitter hoppy ones........

Drain cleaner.