Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Tail lights match the headlights now .
38E503BF-6292-4380-8F15-6CC468936A7F.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Ordered a tial 50mm blow off valve and 2 bolt flange to v band adapter in prep for the intercooler setup but knowing I can use it now on my Vortech pipe .

Second oil change going down . Looks great , not using any oil
Fresh set of plugs, wires cap and rotor
going on
Fresh diff fluid going in the rear .

All that’s going on about now . Been to hot out to enjoy it during the day and I have been working nuts with side work and overtime so not much to update other then this.

Reactions: 1 users
Ordered a tial 50mm blow off valve and 2 bolt flange to v band adapter in prep for the intercooler setup but knowing I can use it now on my Vortech pipe .

Second oil change going down . Looks great , not using any oil
Fresh set of plugs, wires cap and rotor
going on
Fresh diff fluid going in the rear .

All that’s going on about now . Been to hot out to enjoy it during the day and I have been working nuts with side work and overtime so not much to update other then this.
All done . Also changed the pre and post fuel filters . The pre had quite a bit of big trash in it . Due to the fact that the tank was sitting around and even though I hosed it out you can’t get everything I’m assuming this is what was stuck in the baffles .

Went to a 40 micron Pre filter after talking to Weldon and some others To try and make the pump not have to draw through such a fine filter . Also the post 10 micron was bad . I tried to blow through it and it took some considerable effort compared to a new one I had on hand . That could’ve been an issue as well . Fired the car quick . Sounds crisp with the tune up .

EDIT !!! I had a brain fart . I went to 40 micron post filter and kept the 100 pre filter .

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
is that the plugged up one that you cant blow through? You shoulda posted a pic of you testing it.

and now that I see it.....Yours is much bigger than mine.
LOL .

No this is the pre filter which just caught all the trash . The post 10m is the one that I needed to really make an Effort to push through compared to a new one that I had .

Been real hot and disgusting out and I have been working like crazy . Had the car at a friends car meet he put on for his car wash line of products . Today I had it out to do some fine tuning with Brian Freezy . The car is so much more responsive and snappy off idle . We ironed out 99.9 percent of the quirks . Even let it see 5 psi for a few little blips . Cars running great . I want to make a few minor changes under the hood just move some stuff around . Also Tial hasn’t shipped my bov yet because they have a shortage of 2 psi bov springs for the blower stuff .

Reactions: 2 users
All done . Also changed the pre and post fuel filters . The pre had quite a bit of big trash in it . Due to the fact that the tank was sitting around and even though I hosed it out you can’t get everything I’m assuming this is what was stuck in the baffles .

Went to a 40 micron Pre filter after talking to Weldon and some others To try and make the pump not have to draw through such a fine filter . Also the post 10 micron was bad . I tried to blow through it and it took some considerable effort compared to a new one I had on hand . That could’ve been an issue as well . Fired the car quick . Sounds crisp with the tune up .

EDIT !!! I had a brain fart . I went to 40 micron post filter and kept the 100 pre filter .
I just did this myself, my 10 micron was filthy, and took alot more effort to blow through than I was comfortable with. I ended up ordering a Summit labeled 40 micron unit to replace the entire filter housing, because they wouldn't have the 10 micron replacement element till at least 8/4.
So,..100 micron pre, 40 mic post for me too.
Only mine is considerably more cheesebagly than yours I'm gonna venture to say.