Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Rails - behind bars race cars because they machine the rails offset to clear the stock distributor cap and still feed and return from the front and rear .

Regulator - the bracket came from speed factory racing they are a Honda company mainly . But the bracket is a really nice piece .

Tank - I had a Glenn’s and it was ok . I actually have it in my attic but mine was a sleeper with the front feed . Before that I had an Aeromotive 03 cobra style with a drop in a1000 . The BBRC tank is baffled very nice and better then Glenn’s in my opinion . You can’t go wrong either way though again it’s just my opinion and definitely not law . Email BBRC if you want to feel him out for what you’re doing on the tank stuff .

Hat - even though it’s a block of metal soemthings I prefer to spend extra on and fuel system stuff is one of them . I just feel like one is proven over the other as well .
This is exactly what I was looking for feedback on the different options and opinions on possible best direction. Again, thank you for your feedback as its been priceless. You have been through more of the products I was looking at then I thought, which helps tremendously. I will reach out to BBRC to get there input on the build and there input as well on direction.

• Sponsors (?)

This is exactly what I was looking for feedback on the different options and opinions on possible best direction. Again, thank you for your feedback as its been priceless. You have been through more of the products I was looking at then I thought, which helps tremendously. I will reach out to BBRC to get there input on the build and there input as well on direction.
Anytime bro I’m glad I can help , shoot me pm when you’re ready for Freezy’s info if you decide to go that route.

Best spoiler for a notch [On The Planet] :nice:

1607542582022.png

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Best spoiler for a notch [On The Planet] :nice:

1607542582022.png
Nice looking Whos notch is that. I just read most of the first hundred pages of this 89 Notch story. What a story it is. You are motivated brother all I can say is I hope your car is locked up good. Somebody could sell that car off in parts and retire. Always a big fan of this car. Like the pictures at the track, and the old ones with the Cobra wheels. Did you intend to do all this restoration, or did it just become an addiction because it does never end !!

Reactions: 1 user
Nice looking Whos notch is that. I just read most of the first hundred pages of this 89 Notch story. What a story it is. You are motivated brother all I can say is I hope your car is locked up good. Somebody could sell that car off in parts and retire. Always a big fan of this car. Like the pictures at the track, and the old ones with the Cobra wheels. Did you intend to do all this restoration, or did it just become an addiction because it does never end !!
That’s my car in front of my garage yesterday as the sun was starting to go down , I had my daily in there to replace the rear bumper .

I had planned on making it a nice as funds allowed . I always wanted a blower csr since I was about 11 so this just snowballed in each phase as I learned more and more . Next month is 9 years I own the car . Time flys . It was my daily driver when I bought it .

What’s winter without a little drama right ? So when I changed the oil before toys for tots I saw a trace of what looks like coolant only in the front sump . I thought maybe it was condensation from not warming the car up enough . So I changed it did toys for tots . The car runs beautiful I drove it 130 miles that day . No over heating or anything .

Last night I run the car to 180 degrees . Clean my oil drain pains and drop the oil . Same :poo: the front sump has this trace of what looks like it could be coolant or possibly meth ? It’s weird though because of the way it’s actually suspended in the oil .

So I pull the upper intake Incase I need to pull the VC to see rockers . I do a leak down test on every cyl but I pressurize them to 120psi to see if I can hear bubbling in the block or see it in the radiator.

Thankfully I don’t .

So I started to check my lower intake bolts . With my stubby 3/8 rachet and two fingers trying to use minimal effort I can turn the nuts on the studs . They aren’t finger loose but they also seem to turn . So I’m thinking I need to re torque the lower along with my cyl heads after talking with Freezy . ( MLS gaskets ) .

Or the other thing is some
Meth is making its way into the crank case being we are spraying enough for 1200 hp worth that starts to ramp in at 5 psi and it can’t burn it off . Just a thought .

When it’s in a drain pain you almost can’t even tell that it’s there . It doesn’t separate like it would if it were raw coolant or water . It isn’t a milk shake like a blown gasket the oil is still very much there .

8A7CC0E8-1F0B-452C-956A-DBC721627DEF.png
357BF6ED-B05E-4970-A501-D1DC52E3FD56.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Went over all the lower intake bolts ( definitely loose like only 10-12ftlbs ) and re torqued the heads finally. Waiting on new header gaskets . Then I’ll clean up the lower intake where it’s hard to get into as well as the valve covers from all the dust that gets up in them .

Attachments

• BA57584D-8184-41A0-9E8F-F98BA2057CB9.jpeg
    BA57584D-8184-41A0-9E8F-F98BA2057CB9.jpeg
    708.3 KB · Views: 85
  • BBAD6AD2-4EFF-48C3-A9A7-DACBD521E99D.jpeg
    BBAD6AD2-4EFF-48C3-A9A7-DACBD521E99D.jpeg
    556.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Looks like condensation to me.

The way it sits on top of the oil does raise questions
That’s what I’m thinking too so I just wanted
To play it safe .
No smoke . No pressure getting into the coolant from any cylinders . Good time to check the heads and re torque and go over intake studs

Finally had time to get this all buttoned up . Cleaned everything up while it was accessible too . Pulls almost 2 inches more of vacuum at idle hot . I’d say that intake was a bit loose .
Spoke to another buddy of mine . He also saw a lean spot on the dyno due to his intake being loose ( Vortech car ) like I saw in my logs when I was starting to lean on it .
4B6DA125-4C41-43A7-8A58-5295042F04D1.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
  • Drool
Reactions: 9 users
Finally had time to get this all buttoned up . Cleaned everything up while it was accessible too . Pulls almost 2 inches more of vacuum at idle hot . I’d say that intake was a bit loose .
Spoke to another buddy of mine . He also saw a lean spot on the dyno due to his intake being loose ( Vortech car ) like I saw in my logs when I was starting to lean on it .
4B6DA125-4C41-43A7-8A58-5295042F04D1.jpeg
Impressive how clean you keep it under there, with as much driving as you do! Very nice!

• Loved It!
Impressive how clean you keep it under there, with as much driving as you do! Very nice!
Thanks dude . Every other time I drive it I try to just wipe all the dust down . This time I cleaned all the ridges and spots in the valve covers with a q tip while it was off . Blew out all the crevices in the lower intake while the upper was off etc . It’s far from perfect but I try my best

Thanks dude . Every other time I drive it I try to just wipe all the dust down . This time I cleaned all the ridges and spots in the valve covers with a q tip while it was off . Blew out all the crevices in the lower intake while the upper was off etc . It’s far from perfect but I try my best
Your’s should be the reference standard for how a fox engine bay should look.
1. Eye the details. minimize the clutter. ( small stuff is just as important)
2. Dont put shiny sht on, or near grubby sht.
3. Clean your engine and all of the surrounding parts the engine sits in, A perfectly painted engine still looks like ass in a filthy bay.

Reactions: 1 users
Your’s should be the reference standard for how a fox engine bay should look.
1. Eye the details. minimize the clutter. ( small stuff is just as important)
2. Dont put shiny sht on, or near grubby sht.
3. Clean your engine and all of the surrounding parts the engine sits in, A perfectly painted engine still looks like ass in a filthy bay.
I don’t think it could be the standard but I truly
Appreciate it . There’s alot
Of nice cars popping up all over the web now . You look hard enough you can see mine has been apart 100 times by the war wounds and that it definitely gets used .

I don’t think it could be the standard but I truly
Appreciate it . There’s alot
Of nice cars popping up all over the web now . You look hard enough you can see mine has been apart 100 times by the war wounds and that it definitely gets used .
The great thing about this hobby and the abundance of car parts is that every owner can build/modify their car to their personal taste. On the extreme ends, there are guys with '93 Cobras arguing over what model of battery came from the factory and paying $300 for the original gray oil filter, and then guys with cars that have been so modified the car is barely streetable. It's the in between the extremes that is greatest and everyone can appreciated a well done street car.

Reactions: 1 users
The great thing about this hobby and the abundance of car parts is that every owner can build/modify their car to their personal taste. On the extreme ends, there are guys with '93 Cobras arguing over what model of battery came from the factory and paying $300 for the original gray oil filter, and then guys with cars that have been so modified the car is barely streetable. It's the in between the extremes that is greatest and everyone can appreciated a well done street car.
I can definitely agree!