Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Took the car to work the other night , the roads are finally clean . Had a blast with it . Dogged up on some tuned Audi 3 times . Last time we had some room and I stretched him way out on the parkway . He was cool came by giving me all thumbs up . Still waiting on summit for the 17 inch et streets

I broke my interior door handle again . So I ordered a new one and said hey let me order the missing striker bushing . We’ll it all comes today Install the bushing and wow the door doesn’t sound terrible opening and closing . My outside handle takes way to much effort to open though.

So I start messing around . I go up in my attic get my NOS latch assembly and change the whole door latch. Rod I did along time ago when I tried to change handle to nos and it broke going In . So now the door opens way better but I’m now invested .

I have this white gt in for more work and the doors open so nice like it’s new - I’m on a mission . I ordered the same depo shorter pull oem style metal handles this car has .

I’m hoping this solved having to put my thumb on tbe handle as I pull it for leverage and it opens nice and easy now .

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Took the car to work the other night , the roads are finally clean . Had a blast with it . Dogged up on some tuned Audi 3 times . Last time we had some room and I stretched him way out on the parkway . He was cool came by giving me all thumbs up . Still waiting on summit for the 17 inch et streets

I broke my interior door handle again . So I ordered a new one and said hey let me order the missing striker bushing . We’ll it all comes today Install the bushing and wow the door doesn’t sound terrible opening and closing . My outside handle takes way to much effort to open though.

So I start messing around . I go up in my attic get my NOS latch assembly and change the whole door latch. Rod I did along time ago when I tried to change handle to nos and it broke going In . So now the door opens way better but I’m now invested .

I have this white gt in for more work and the doors open so nice like it’s new - I’m on a mission . I ordered the same depo shorter pull oem style metal handles this car has .

I’m hoping this solved having to put my thumb on tbe handle as I pull it for leverage and it opens nice and easy now .
It's funny,I had to teach my kids how to open the doors on the Stang. And I make sure I tell anyone trying to open the door how to do it. Haven't had one break yet. Short pull door handles you say?

Reactions: 1 user
It's funny,I had to teach my kids how to open the doors on the Stang. And I make sure I tell anyone trying to open the door how to do it. Haven't had one break yet. Short pull door handles you say?
This car I’m working on has a super short throw on the handle. When I looked them the metal replacement they say tighter pull in the description

When I tell you I can open these doors with pointer and middle finger on this white gt im doing it’s insane .

So this is the last piece to replace

Mine haven’t broke either . The nos one I bought on eBay broke as I went to install it

How hard are you folks pulling on the handles? I have my original interior handles in the car and it doesn't take too much effort to open. At least not enough to ever really pay attention to.

Reactions: 1 users
How hard are you folks pulling on the handles? I have my original interior handles in the car and it doesn't take too much effort to open. At least not enough to ever really pay attention to.
Not hard but when it takes 2 pulls sometimes because everything in the door was worn out - the lower portion either cracks , or the oem one kept walking the pin out .

In 11 years the door has never been right . Right now it’s best it’s ever been . I’m hoping with the new exterior handle it will be 100 percent .

It now has NOS latch , nos rod from handle to latch . New interior handle and soon new exterior .

This was replaced before because it is metal must be a real old re pop. I had a nos handle and the ledge where the rod goes in broke the first time I pulled it . So this went back in . Not realizing this was the culprit of the exterior extended pull along with the work out latch itself .

Very happy with how this came out . Wish I did it 11 years ago . It’s opens about 90 percent better then it ever did.

FF82605B-8FD3-4F35-BE44-DDCFB503E2C3.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
Think the outsides metal handles are pretty much all the same these days if the came from tiawin, used the acp, depo, private label mustang shop stuff. Have a few of the depo and acp boxed handles and other resto stuff they make, I got from a parts buyout of a closing shop a while back, the stock style actuators still suck though, die faster then the oem fords did. . The old metal repos used a horrible quality paint, my beater donor car has some old metals one and paints almost gone on, what ever the used didnt hold up to UV , function fine though.

Reactions: 1 users
So I had a blower belt come apart on me . Next day I get in the garage. Pull brackets . Seems like they may had not been totally tight . Like they backed off over time. Re do everything . Tighten it up . Check with my laser tool .

Throw a belt on we’re good to go . Take car to the store . Boom fog on windshield. Smell coolant . Piece of belt got through the fan and whipped the rad core. I have had this rad since 2015 I think .

Been eyeing up this really gangster setup from engineered cooling product for a while. So I pulled the trigger . Custom built with 2 inch tubes inside , 2 big 14 inch spal fans , and 16an in and out on driver side to make it a dual pass . Will get the hose away from blower which is always a pain . Will be cleaned up with the an rad hose and makes it safer as well . Makes it a dual pass as also .

Should be able to sit on the suns surface and never creep in temp . My buddy put one on his 500 inch Chrysler with a 671 and he said in his garage no air flow the car won’t go over 170.
IMG_2538.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Is he running that enclosed shroud too? I've seen those cause more trouble on driven cars vs a track toy then anything. Most where the el cheapo mishimoto. / lmr crap they stopped selling though, but blocking that much surface area with that tight of a shroud tends to over work the fans when cruising. That's almost 1/3 of the core blocked.

Is he running that enclosed shroud too? I've seen those cause more trouble on driven cars vs a track toy then anything. Most where the el cheapo mishimoto. / lmr crap they stopped selling though, but blocking that much surface area with that tight of a shroud tends to over work the fans when cruising. That's almost 1/3 of the core blocked.
Contour fans are basically blocked . I ran them forever .

He has whatever fan setup they specd for him to .

My derales had 4 holes in two spots top and bottom . With rubber flaps that I’m not sure how much they really opened driving .

Worst comes to worst I’ll modify shroud

So I get my radiator yesterday . Supposed to be 20an orb - driver side in and out .

It shows up standard style hose orientation with male 20an.

I’m pissed . Call Entropy . 23 hours later I have the right radiator at my door with a return label for the other . ENTROPY RADIATOR Ftw . This thing is serious !!!!

2 inch tube core
70923826171__DE8261A8-80BC-4436-BFC7-CBD67CA0C0F5.jpeg
IMG_3091.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
  • Drool
Reactions: 7 users