Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Long story short . Motor is almost out .

Engine builder said it sounds like the seats are sinking the valve and that’s where the lash gets tight . On top of that whether related or not trying to figured this out something happened in cyl 7 . Air in the cyl and it pressureizes crank case and I can feel the air coming out of my passenger side valve cover fitting . So it’s hurt . Is what it is . Yes I’m pissed . No I don’t think it’s freezy fault I have full confidence in esp being he tunes these combos every week . Stuff just happens and I’m the luck of the draw . When I’ll be back idk . Atleast it will be out and apart . I’ve been through a lot the last 2 months so I’m burned out at everyend .

Thanks for following along guys . I don’t think much will be going on for a bit.
Man that sucks. Hopefully if there was a judgement error, someone will help make it right.

Glad to see you have your spirits up still as you have been through a lot lately. Im in the same boat as you as well with mine probably hurt, and will be tearing it apart hopefully this weekend to see if it salvageable.

We are all rooting for you that's for sure, since you car is absolutely AWESOME!!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Glad to see you have your spirits up still as you have been through a lot lately. Im in the same boat as you as well with mine probably hurt, and will be tearing it apart hopefully this weekend to see if it salvageable.

We are all rooting for you that's for sure, since you car is absolutely AWESOME!!!!
Thank you . I don’t want to sell it . I just am out of energy and extra funds at this point to just say yeah I’ll fix it ASAP and be back . So motor comes out and it sits for a while . Sorry to hear about yours it does suck I know it well .

Man that sucks. Hopefully if there was a judgement error, someone will help make it right.
I’m not looking for free stuff . Idk if there was a judgment error . Bad batch of valves .
I’m confident in everyone from the builder to Brian being thorough and just maybe this was a conicendene that something was just bad from the get go

I’m not looking for free stuff . Idk if there was a judgment error . Bad batch of valves .
I’m confident in everyone from the builder to Brian being thorough and just maybe this was a conicendene that something was just bad from the get go
Maybe I said that wrong. That's the tough part about custom motors, there really is not a way to warrant anything against defects because its so hard to pinpoint what exactly went wrong.

I hope it's something simple and the motor isnt really hurt.

Maybe I said that wrong. That's the tough part about custom motors, there really is not a way to warrant anything against defects because its so hard to pinpoint what exactly went wrong.

I hope it's something simple and the motor isnt really hurt.
Oh it’s definitely hurt . Shop air in cyl 7 with the rockers off and out the other side of the valve cover Assures me of that .

I’m not sure If i want to give the blower stuff up . Maybe just Go NA 10.5:1 stick car . Maybe go turbo . Maybe just fix it at some point and buIld a intercooler setup for it . Idk . I need to just get it all apart which it’s almost there less the headers , driveshaft , trans and starter . Then just put all the parts in the attic . Wash the car and cover it for a while and just think about it . Idk

1E44BBAA-FF9D-4252-8492-EB6AFDF489A8.jpeg

Dude, F*CK turbos. more heat, more moving parts, more plumbing, more problems. My opinion is there are two ways to have a reliable turbo setup - super mild, low boost that doesn't get beat on much (which, this theory is still in the testing mode, but so far so good) and the trade off is obvious there: a limp d:ck power output. The other side of the equation is an ultra high dollar shop sponsored car that people pay other people to work on constantly. :D

I just hate to see this man. I've been there several times in the past and I know where my path has led when I stood at this fork. Maybe find a mild HCI long block for cheap somewhere and toss it in while you figure out what to do with your expensive motor.

Dude, F*CK turbos. more heat, more moving parts, more plumbing, more problems. My opinion is there are two ways to have a reliable turbo setup - super mild, low boost that doesn't get beat on much (which, this theory is still in the testing mode, but so far so good) and the trade off is obvious there: a limp d:ck power output. The other side of the equation is an ultra high dollar shop sponsored car that people pay other people to work on constantly. :D

I just hate to see this man. I've been there several times in the past and I know where my path has led when I stood at this fork. Maybe find a mild HCI long block for cheap somewhere and toss it in while you figure out what to do with your expensive motor.
For the price of a mild hci long block I can fix this thing . Converter won’t be right for anything but what it was built for . I may build an IC for it this time around . I’m all over the place . Lol

So Freezy spoke to tea today . Said it sounds like the valves were trying to pull through too and tuliping . So they get to talking and he asks how being these heads have good valves . Well at some point they moved away from using the ferrea severe duty valves . Freezy told them would’ve been nice to know being what we were doing with this thing .

So Freezy spoke to tea today . Said it sounds like the valves were trying to pull through too and tuliping . So they get to talking and he asks how being these heads have good valves . Well at some point they moved away from using the ferrea severe duty valves . Freezy told them would’ve been nice to know being what we were doing with this thing .
So it could be as simple a the wrong valves then Jeff?

That would be an excellent find for the problem, right?

So it could be as simple a the wrong valves then Jeff?

That would be an excellent find for the problem, right?
No . There is definitely something going on In cyl 7 in my opinion . If it was just valves tuliped all the wire from the leak down shouldn’t be leaking I to the crank case and back out the pass side valve cover. Sure it would leak out the intake or exhaust but not the crank case

Valves are all concave looking as i suspected . At the least cyl 7 needs a piston . I really thing we had a fuel issue . I labeled all the injectors they will be going out to be flowed prob next week .
A82958BE-24E5-4F2B-9BBF-C9772DBA0AB2.jpeg
F2B5D158-629F-4DC8-AB62-D11E04CA8361.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Brian spoke to TEA again . Basically the guy he deals with wants the heads . He said the situation and what’s going on he wants to take them apart , blue print them do a valve job and if they are tuliped the way they are they will 95 percent fix them Under warranty.

He said since the 11r head inception they have always used the same
Valves . He may have been referring to the older style heads like I originally had when we first spoke .

Reactions: 2 users