Progress Thread Project Silver Fox - 3rd time’s a charm

Finally was able to hook up the pimp today. Had some grounding issues, an extra 4 ga ground wire fixed that problem. Also didn’t realize the ron Francis harness had to see a connection from the inertia switch, so those were jumped together and I Fuel pump worked.

For some reason my timing light seems to be non functioning right now. I confirmed I’m getting spark from the coil. Think it’s time for a new light...and some beers

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Cool, if you have any troubles just give me a shout
I appreciate the help Steve.

Last night I went over to my friend’s house, he’s got his turbo 91 and I did some idle tuning on it. Actually runs pretty good now, big thanks to your write ups and advice given in the self tuning forums

Sweet, good to see my time has not been a waste. I do tuning for side money, you know small stuff like putting stock bottom end 351w jy builds deep in the 8s in the 1/4.

And some 600+hp 'on borrowed time' explorer bottom end builds.
Some advice for the boost fiend, keep timing conservative, afr in boost 11.5ish, pull timing with high mat temps keep it under 6k on stock block 5.0, make power with boost... if it does not feel fast enough no timing add moar psi. Copper plugs .35 gap 103 autolite or equivalent, when you hit 18psi add octane booster or water injection.
Smile.

@a91what any idea on what may cause this?

A64A485F-C49D-4679-A4E8-64D0968ABCFB.jpeg

so what can device do you have connected?
Nothing As far as I know. My laptop detected the ms, but when I try and connect it gives me this message.

The fuel pump also primes for 2 seconds, then pauses for about another couple seconds, then primes again. It will do this 2 more times.

I was able to connect to the ms yesterday, and I changed nothing at all. All I did was wire in a wideband, get front end accessories figured and a couple other small items sorted out. Could it be an issue with the wideband?

I tried to make a new project, going through the outlined procedure again and got the same result - multiple times. I double and triple checked that nothing was unplugged, I feel like it’s something simple. I’m kind of stumped.

Ok so it has to be something in the project file settings. unfortunately I will not be able to see the issue on my side without the controller hooked up.

Please post the entire project folder and i will take a look

For some reason I'm seeing a CAN device listed. Remove it?

Attachments

• CAN1_CurrentTune.msq
    273.1 KB · Views: 95
  • CurrentTune.msq
    237.8 KB · Views: 84
  • nick 347 11-20-19.msq
    237.7 KB · Views: 91
I have not looked at any of the files, however yes remove the can device.

You are not trying to use someone's tune to get you started are you?
I’m guessing the can device is what the problem is.

Stinger sends you a generic base tune to get going, minus engine and injector size.

That's a given, unless you are very familiar with the software you should never attempt one from scratch.
The stinger base tune is a good starting point but needs alot of work in the idle settings if you have any amount of cam.

I still need the project file... what you posted above is just the tune file. Project file is the entire project... you may have to email it to me if its too big.

yes just like that.

ok so looks like you have the CAN ID for the main controller [the MS3] set to 1... this means the MS3 is setup as a slave.

File> vehicle projects> project properties> CAN devices> can ID needs to be 0

or you can just hit [ctrl-p] to bring you to the page

This should work