Progress Thread Project Silver Fox - 3rd time’s a charm

• Sponsors (?)

Cam is in. Ran it then let everything cool, double checked intake torque and went out to do some tuning.

Got the breather tank done up at well. Ditching the pcv and oil separator for something that doesn’t take up room behind the intake. Made jet changes a pain in the ass lol.

9FA91B28-55FF-4129-9964-76312FC12915.jpeg

A3065E91-AA69-44A5-9191-F6B7F9384420.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So I went out today and did some pulls and I got valve float above 5500 rpm. I guess the springs in the 11r heads don’t have all that great of a service life, as Ed told me today. I ordered up some 1207x from pac with titanium retainers. These should hold up better than the non 1200 series springs which come with the head ootb.

A little word of warning for anybody running these heads. They’re great, but any moderately aggressive cam will shorten the spring life by quite a bit. Mine only lasted less than 10,000 miles, although I’m sure the way I drove the car had a decent part to do with it.

189C199F-4A6E-4772-A3A6-327773CEA1B1.jpeg

New valve springs, titanium retainers, and chromoly rockers in the car. Was kind of a debacle getting the springs sent to me with all this covid-19 :poo:. Went with some 1207x from pac, seem very nice to far. Did a heat cycle so when the car cools I’ll take it out for some runs.

God I hate spring install with the head on lol.

Reactions: 1 users
So I’ve made a few changes to the car over the past few months.

Changed out the nitrous plate to a perimeter style from. Spent a couple months semi-actively searching before I was actually able to find one for a tfs r. And of course I installed it and it hit the intake lol. Nothing some phenolic spacers couldn’t fix

24146BE5-346A-4FE4-81DA-A1A72666C0EA.jpeg

Then, I had a distributor pip go out, luckily it was under warranty so I sent it back to Davis. In the meantime, I bought a new msd pro billet - to have as a spare, and it ran like dog :poo: right out the box. So I sent it back, and got a parts store one. Ran great for a day, then started messing up, dying once it got warm.

So I kind of found myself at a crossroads: stick with distributors, and pray I’d finally get a good one, or upgrade.

I chose the latter.

524010E1-2451-4EF5-8C79-6761CB20AD80.jpeg

Went with the CAS from stinger. Got the whole thing wired and 95% loomed today. Took about 7 hrs in total. Wasn’t without some small hiccups, but all 8 coils now fire as they should.

So the car has been running well with the coil near plug setup.

Got some things in store for the car over the next few weeks.

C8A258A8-9936-4154-BBCD-AF9325D36B84.jpeg

1494DCCD-61F9-4068-A303-F01E77DBB03F.jpeg

Dear nitrous,

It’s been fun

I’ll try and chronicle the struggle over the next few weeks as a friend and myself fab up the turbo kit. I’m starting with flowtech turbo headers, summit exhaust builder kit and some time. We’ll see how it comes out.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
31758EBA-CF77-4D7D-AA78-8CFD5C65A5DE.png

Also have a digital dash on the way from Kurtis ad DDEfi. Can’t wait to get this baby in, should be next week or the week after.

• Winner
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
Get out of my thoughts lol.

It’s kind of going to be the limit on pump gas, at least if it’s not e85. Going to be tough keeping the tune in check with a dcr of around 9.3.
Water Methanol and you can tweak the percentages for the additional fuel and cooling

I know... I know... we are all a bad influence

• Haha
Get out of my thoughts lol.

It’s kind of going to be the limit on pump gas, at least if it’s not e85. Going to be tough keeping the tune in check with a dcr of around 9.3.
Why? lol high compression? I tune these up to 16psi on pump gas.... a bit of water injection goes a long way as well. [but racecar] we have a pumpgas class that guys like to run down here.... you learn to get creative :D

honestly if the engine makes around 350 whp before the turbo then 8-10psi should net you north of 550Whp. Thats plenty for a streetcar

E85 seems to be the fuel of the gods.. lol We take stock e7 headed longblocks and cram all the boost into them for the 1/8th mile and guys running down in the low 6's rowing gears, they dont last long though.

Why? lol high compression? I tune these up to 16psi on pump gas.... a bit of water injection goes a long way as well. [but racecar] we have a pumpgas class that guys like to run down here.... you learn to get creative :D

honestly if the engine makes around 350 whp before the turbo then 8-10psi should net you north of 550Whp. Thats plenty for a streetcar

E85 seems to be the fuel of the gods.. lol We take stock e7 headed longblocks and cram all the boost into them for the 1/8th mile and guys running down in the low 6's rowing gears, they dont last long though.
:poo: the car made 422hp to the tire with the smaller cam I had in it 2.5 years ago. Should be good for 600+ without breaking a sweat.

Water/meth isn’t really something I planned on. My old nitrous plate would be a badass sprayer though.

Cam means nothing with a turbo... just changes where it makes the power. If you are making 422hp then lets do some bench racing...

ATM= 14.7 + 8psi= 22.7psi/14.7= roughly 1.54= 154% current atmospheric pressure.
422*1.54= 650HP potential if you have no restrictions ect.

Assuming you have enough pump and injector.. on pumpgas you will need at least a 340lph and 60lb injectors to safely make 650.. you will be near the limit on both

Where I was getting at it the car n/a makes a bit more with the cam that’s in it now.

Car has 80lb injectors now and an a1000 so it’s got plenty of fuel potential.