Progress Thread She’s a runner

:(I may or may not have decided I don’t have time to fab up caliper brackets. I also may have discovered the throat on my bandsaw is a bit too short to make all the cuts and a quality carbide holesaw isn’t cheap.

$180 poorer
Oh well on to the torque boxes.

• Sponsors (?)

Brakes! Still have to do the brake lines and parking brake so sorta brakes lol

Attachments

• D0F55C27-F6B7-4106-8C34-A88B42B96461.jpeg
    D0F55C27-F6B7-4106-8C34-A88B42B96461.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: 1 users
Looks great, I may start tackling my conversion this weekend.
Any tips or pretty straight forward ? I plan on following the LMR video instructions.
Ya pretty straight forward. Just make sure the caliper support is centered as best you can, shim if needed. Then brake lines. You’ll need different fittings to connect to the flex line. Just go to autozone etc with you line and find one that threads in.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you install e-brake cables yet ?
I've been working on my rear discs this weekend and realized that the 93 specific cables don't fit my 93.
Looks like 93 should have a cable bracket in the trans tunnel just after the equalizer to lock the cables in.

My car looks to have been built like the 87-92 with no cable bracket, the cables lock in pointing toward
the center of the car then around two little pulley type things , then head toward the front to the equalizer.
Is this how your cables are routed ?

Wish I had head gaskets. Didn’t think I'd be at this point today. Hmmm maybe I’ll run out to summit in the morning.

Attachments

• 3D2171B0-CF20-4055-B1BD-A0FD0CAB174D.jpeg
    3D2171B0-CF20-4055-B1BD-A0FD0CAB174D.jpeg
    365.5 KB · Views: 119
Did you install e-brake cables yet ?
I've been working on my rear discs this weekend and realized that the 93 specific cables don't fit my 93.
Looks like 93 should have a cable bracket in the trans tunnel just after the equalizer to lock the cables in.

My car looks to have been built like the 87-92 with no cable bracket, the cables lock in pointing toward
the center of the car then around two little pulley type things , then head toward the front to the equalizer.
Is this how your cables are routed ?
I have not tackled that yet. Still need the cables. I’ll look under there and see what it’s like.

Yeah looks like the same set-up, i need to order the cables for 87-92.
Thanks for the pic.
I guess I’ll wait and see what you find that works. Haha let me know what worked for you. I’ve got plenty to do but will definitely tackle that before the driveshaft goes back in. How did the rest of the work go for you?

I guess I’ll wait and see what you find that works. Haha let me know what worked for you. I’ve got plenty to do but will definitely tackle that before the driveshaft goes back in. How did the rest of the work go for you?
I'll keep you updated, I ordered the cables but may not get back to it for a few weeks.
Still need to fill and bleed the system as well.
The upgrade went pretty smooth, I don't know about you but I found the caliper rattle clips to be a pia.
They just kind of sit there and then you have to try to hold them while installing the pads, kind of fiddly.
I actually had to grind a bit off the the top and bottom tabs on the pads to get it all to fit, installed Hawk HPS pads.
0131202136.jpg 0201201026_HDR.jpg

Heads are on and torqued. Now on to setting up guides and rockers.

Attachments

• 97D656C2-F0CA-4A0D-9EC6-50FE51A53614.jpeg
    97D656C2-F0CA-4A0D-9EC6-50FE51A53614.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 97
  • 782B8952-D265-4085-80B0-69AE8C6E36D6.jpeg
    782B8952-D265-4085-80B0-69AE8C6E36D6.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: 2 users
So I wanted to see how everything lined up with the pushrods I have and on initial check the roller has good contact patch but I think at full lift the pushrod hits the part of the guide closet to the stud. Maybe I don’t have it back far enough, I’ll check next time I go out to mess with it. Anyone else have to file a little off the guide in that area? Maybe I’ll see if a slightly shorter pushrod will work better, I’ll use my checker to see.