SN95 Smog Pump delete pulley

RaggedGT

check back later..
Mod Dude
Jul 20, 2014
Taylorsville ky
Are all smog pump delete pulleys for 5.0’s the same?
I have seen them listed under ‘79-93’ and ‘94-95’ - though they do look a little different,the dimensions seem the same..
Now that I asked that,ima ask this- who’s got one laying around that they would sell on the cheap? If one of you guys has one-send me a PM.

• Sponsors (?)

On the fox, you can short belt it and reroute around. Not sure if you can do the same with the sn95

I never liked the idea of a delete pulley. You are taking a part off that passes Fords longevity and durability tests and replace it with an aftermarket part made by the lowest bidder with no warranty against leaving you stranded if the bearing/pulley/shaft fails

On the fox, you can short belt it and reroute around. Not sure if you can do the same with the sn95

I never liked the idea of a delete pulley. You are taking a part off that passes Fords longevity and durability tests and replace it with an aftermarket part made by the lowest bidder with no warranty against leaving you stranded if the bearing/pulley/shaft fails
I totally can short belt it.
I hear ya,and it’s a valid point. But- I also like the idea of if I break a belt,I can just ask for a stock replacement from the teenager at the parts counter lol

Reactions: 1 user
No freewheeling pulley is ever going on my car. What's the point? It would just be in the way. I don't even like the tensioner, lol. As far as the stock belt... I mean, once you know your size, you know it. Even if you don't, it just takes a few minutes to fit belts until you figure it out. It's not as if they don't stock the right size at the parts store.

I want a shiny pulley :(
lol .
Honestly-I get it,they are basically useless and just clutter up the bay,but I am still holding onto the idea that asking for a belt to a 94 Mustang is gonna be easier then asking for a 56.5 inch belt or trying to convince Justin beiber at the local az to let me take an arm load of new belts into the parking lot

I totally can short belt it.
I hear ya,and it’s a valid point. But- I also like the idea of if I break a belt,I can just ask for a stock replacement from the teenager at the parts counter lol

yes, but once you know the belt size you need... then that's all you need to get a replacement.... just keep that part number on hand and give that to the idiot to punch in... plus there cheap enough, buy 2 and then you will have a spare on hand.

If you run a delete pulley, it's not if it's going to fail, it's when. Literally all you are doing is adding a failure point.
A properly aligned serpentine belt breaking almost unheard of too. Give it a look each time you check your oil, if it's not starting to fray, it's not going to break.
If you were being serious about the "shiny" comment, pretty much no delete pulley looks as if it belongs there, so shiny or not, it will likely appear to look wrong.
If you are genuinely worried, do as ken said, once it's settled, buy two belts or just store the length on you phone.

FWIW-the shiny pulley comment was intended for humor.:D
I’m gathering from the collective-that none of you are fans of delete pulleys .:(
I’ll weigh my options a little better.
think of it this way, your worried about having trouble getting a new belt... what happens if that delete pulley takes a :poo:... (bearing seizes ect)... your not getting a new one of those at Autozone or advance auto.... you will be waiting a week at least after you order another one on-line....

I'm doing the short belt on mine.. bought the belt few years ago and is sitting in my parts cache waiting to go on when I hang the accessories back on...

And like Mustang5l5 just keep the belt sleeve... or do what I do... since it's 2019, take a picture with your phone... I keep a lot of stuff like that, oil filter #'s ect... so when I'm in the store and need a new filter or something for one of the cars... and I can't remember because I have CRSS (can't remember :poo: syndrome), I pull out my phone and go through my pics until I find it.... :)

How about a completely different thought. Before I do I'll just say I'm not a delete pulley person either but rather a reroute person. BUT....the actual delete pulley is not going to fail and more than likely, not the bracket it's bolted to. So if the bearings are supposedly that bad, pull them out and measure them with some calipers. Go to Fastenal and buy the high-quality bearings that they have. They have thousands of them. Press them in. It's not that hard. But that is an awful lot of work to make a belt longer when a short one will work. Like was said above, I also keep the sleeve so I can make it easy on the brilliant person at the counter. Hold up the sleeve and point....lol.

• Haha
I run a delete pulley on mine, it's plastic and I worry about it coming apart all the time but been there like 45k miles and I have the dump truck if something goes wrong locally.
Ok, so I really don't worry about it, but I do check it when I raise the hood, come to think of it I don't raise the hood very often. :shrug:
I've replaced the pulley bearings on all idler and adjuster pulleys on the 7.3 in the dump truck, easy and cheap. I even have extras,

I'm also an advocate against delete pullies for all the reason mentioned above. Just figure out your size with a string and now you know your size. I've never had a problem finding a short belt at the chain stores or ordering one online from them and picking up next day.

I just bought 3 belts the size i thought and returned the ones that didn't work. it was tight getting it on but the one that went on easy was only leaving about 3/8" i under the tensioner and the passing belt. ended up using K060711 which is 71 - 5/8"