Efi 351w Swap

Ha! This hesitation is completely gone! I guess the computer worked it out. The check engine light is on solid. When I first put it together I had 67, 81, 82, and 85, but the CEL was not on solid. Now it is on pretty solid just after initial start up. The new players are 23 which ended up replaced by 63. Driveability hasn’t been affected at all. Still beating the piss out of it. I’m not sure what you guys with 500+ hp do but I’m probably half that and pretty satisfied. I think with the 351 I get torque which makes for a fun street car.
Glad to hear you're driving it and happy with the results of all your hard work and effort. There have been many here that have modded their vehicle only to have it backfire and end up on jack stands for what seems like eternity and/or won't trust driving their car for long trips. I'm happy with mine too and I drive my car often and my temps stay cool (no overheating) and I have great reliability and ride comfort. I think it's all about self control. A lot of high HP builds end up in rebuilds and jack stands with endless siphoning of money unfortunately. Build threads like those keep me in check when I get the itch to run a smaller pulley for more boost ;) Might be fun for a minute until my T5 or my head gaskets crash the party :(

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I couldn’t agree with you more. I just think too many of us are chasing numbers. My radiator is stock ford fox with a clutch fan. Now I haven’t really dealt with summer heat yet and that may be an issue, but I have been driving it pretty hard in 60-70 degree temps without issue. The trans is a tremec 3550 and so far, so good. I am not a gear slammin drag racer however wheelspin off the line... I do it all the time. That and downshifting... I treat it like a road race car. I will take more power and there are a lot of things I want to do still, but with every modification I plan I am thinking about the driveability of the car. Air conditioning is up next. The compressor is still there, I just have to install the other components and convert to r134.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Just read through all this. Nice work man! I bet it is a riot. I love budget 351 builds. I assume you're probably making the same or a little more than the 95 Cobra R- so at least 300/365.
Thanks! It’s probably around those numbers at the flywheel. I am gonna long rod 351w next which will give me a bump in compression and in turn a little more power. That is the plan anyway.

Cars and Coffee again! It poured and everyone ended up leaving early. It’s summertime and I’m driving it as much as I can! I don’t hold anything back. Highway driving; I explore top end. I light up the tires almost every time I drive it. Peeling away from a traffic light has become common-place. Heel-toe downshifts are my forte. The car almost never coasts to a stop. I feel very lucky to have built this car. There is still a lot more that needs to be done for it to be perfect, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. The wagon visual combined with the sound of that windsor v8 is what really turns heads. If the car isn’t running it gets dismissed... once I turn the key... well. I’ve driven it in 90*+ temps and it hasn’t missed a beat. I just need a little bit more power and torque and the motor will be perfect for a street car.
full.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
My list tentatively is
1. 6 speed
2. cobra r brakes
3. long rod 351w (I don’t care, I’m gonna try it.)
4. hood scoop (the engine is currently rubbing against the banged up hood)
5. overall cosmetic restoration
a. paint
b. dinoc woodgrain
c. repair any dents in metal or trim
d. hydro dip woodgrain graphic on
outline wood trim pieces.
There is a lot more but the rest of it is just day to day type stuff. God willing the Daddywagon will continue on it’s current path to greatness! Haha!

Reactions: 1 user
I got a promotion! On the first day of said promotion commuting to the new site, the Daddywagon fries the starter I had installed in december. Luckily I was only 1/4 mile away at the local convenience store when this happened.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
No. Wawa. I had to tow the car home on a trailer. It was clear we weren’t gonna be able to push the car up the ramps of the u-haul trailer so we took a chance on a push start and dump the clutch. It worked! Now I have to fix the car again! Also just bought a 94 convertible, v8, automatic. So I have a new project in addition to fixing the Daddywagon.

Reactions: 1 users
Excellent :nice:!

How's it been driving? I guess other than wanting new front brakes.........

It's been enjoyable watching you build your wagon.
I drove it 140 miles each way to the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, Pa. It was a father and son day for me and Jr. I registered it as a station wagon... my other option was to register with Ford LTD group. We opened it up quite a bit on the turnpike. I can run this car pretty hard and it shrugs it off! I keep checking the coolant and the radiator stays full. The brakes are actually very good. I just figure this is upgrading 2 cars. The Daddywagon gets the Brembos and the Mommy-mobile gets the Cobras! Right now it looks like the Brembos are not gonna fit. I’m gonna try a 3/4” spacer instead of my current 1/2” spacer setup. I am already running the required longer ARP wheel studs.