Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

why are you not running coil packs yet? :scratch:
Cuz I’m poors , hate the way they look on the valve covers on these engines ( not a big deal could mount on k member ) , would have to change balancer and mount a crank trigger sensor . Just a lot of work when the dual sync will accomplish the same and Brian has many cars running with them.

Reactions: 1 user
Cuz I’m poors , hate the way they look on the valve covers on these engines ( not a big deal could mount on k member ) , would have to change balancer and mount a crank trigger sensor . Just a lot of work when the dual sync will accomplish the same and Brian has many cars running with them.
It’s also cuz Judging from the rest of the stuff on the car, the COP system our man Jeff would run would be ign1a coils, and not just the standard d585 stocker.
Ign1a coils ain’t cheap.

It’s also cuz Judging from the rest of the stuff on the car, the COP system our man Jeff would run would be ign1a coils, and not just the standard d585 stocker.
Ign1a coils ain’t cheap.
Nailed it . So this is the next best thing before stepping up there to give me a cleaner high rpm timing signal .

Couplers and clamps have arrived , distributor is here finally . Waiting on the ic still.

Still dealing with the car running warmer in warm weather . Mid 80s yesterday maybe high 80 . Drove the car all day . Lot of stop and go . Creeped to 205 at one point . Hovered 196-200 unless you really got some good time where it was cruising then it would come back down . I don’t know what else at this point . Only thing I’m missing is the little flaps that cover the sides of the rad to the core support to block the air around it . The lower air deflector is there .

72197C9F-8EE4-4391-A4A8-4F2B9525AD1D.jpeg
I have the some somewhat high temp on my car. I've noticed on the freeways if someone is directly in front of me that the temp creeps up. These cars like a full mouth of air and do not like stop and go traffic.

I haven’t had time with work to mess with mine but - I am finishing this up now for a customer . Figured you guys would like this . Solid car honestly, just needs a good bath. Was just rushed by the person who put it together . Fan switch shoved in the fuse box , grounded from core support . All kinds of stuff . Fans have a double relay now off the switch as customer requested ( I wanted a controller or thermostatic sw). Of course like all the ones I have done since doing mine - the fender liners fit and are fully intact to keep all the wiring and sol dry .

Waiting for 02 harness to come as well because it isn’t there along with the sensors

A3D683DF-0F78-4446-B349-9C0450AC5DC8.jpeg
ADC4C11A-769A-4459-9866-6A702CFDD0B8.jpeg
F347C875-2C49-4610-B7A8-719E1FAAA9EA.jpeg

5F82ACD9-3CFF-4A6A-A4E2-BCD6938A42EA.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
With @Mustang5L5 help I finally ordered all the arp stuff I have been meaning to change over . All the water pump and timing cover stuff is black arp already .

To give some contrast I did the stainless on everything forward of it to also match the valve cover bolts . The t stat housing , bolts behind the ps pulley , 2 long bolts into the ps pulley bracket .

To top it all off I also pieced together all the bolts for the Vortech front plate in stainless 12pt .Did the stainless because of all my black powder the black would definitely get lost . Should be a nice detail that probably no one will ever notice

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
A662D99B-8EDA-4853-9322-2B413BA03BB3.jpeg
738C59EF-F86F-4305-BD03-EDAF07190ADA.jpeg
Messing around with the arp stuff @Mustang5L5 . All the stuff changed is what is actually visible when it’s together . I’m going to locate a stainless nut for the blower tensioner pulley too . Everything needed a good wipe down but I knew I was pulling it apart so it could be cleaned good like it needs just been driving it a lot lately .

Now it sits when I have more time to put the new high flow edelbrock water pump in .

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
Looks great! I was just looking at that ARP hardware for all my front accessories.
Makes a nice difference I can’t tell you how many times I’ve cleaned up those bolts that were on there
Those bolts do make a nice difference. Really is a great touch!
I ordered the wrong ones for the 2 bolts on my PS ( Ford ac delete ) bracket I think they are 7/16-14 where they go into the bracket that bolts to the head but now that I have it apart I will get a real measurement.

Of course it’s together you can barley see it all . But the blower bracket , blower idler nut , t stat , main power steering bracket bolts are all 12 point stainless along with the water pump. I didn’t remove the ps pulley yet I may just remove the pump to do that and also swap the lines to the black braided to match .

I also need to do something with the idler pulley and or the bolt .
56258453-4766-4117-B196-774B90B7722C.jpeg

• Love
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users
As usual man-cleanest engine bay on Stangnet :hail:
Still pretty happy with the derale fan setup?
It’s not bad I thought it would be a little better then it is honestly I may do a back to back with my oem contours to see

Thanks bro I appreciate it ! Deff not the cleanest but I try

Reactions: 1 user