Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

The harness out of the dist doesn’t reach the harness at the back for the ignition . They don’t make an extension. I took my Holley tfi harness . Re pinned the harness end to match the new dist . Cut the ends off the dist and the tfi plug - weather packed them . Have to just heat shrink but power line was down due to a truck .
5427CEA1-DEBE-4F9F-8E61-FCA50FE837BF.jpeg
6F931444-B531-49FD-B9E6-2D574B550388.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
All done and running . The car has never started better with the Holley . It’s night and day . No drama fires right off now . Got the timing synced . Seems much more crisp when you hit the throttle

Also looks way better too.
77E50F40-0B1E-4BEF-8403-5AD6ADDF1521.jpeg
E9FF720F-ABE4-4AA2-B050-AF1B676C60A5.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Long time no talk in here ? Yeah so I caused myself some headache with the ID 1300s . Long story short when t moss hogged the Intake out he machined the injector seat out of the intake so the stop for the injector was gone . This was never an issue with my old big body injectors as they bottomed out on my intake . We’ll one night I start smelling fuel with the ids . Back leak at cyl 2.

Limp it home . Got it apart took all kinds of measurements found they fall 80 thou lower then the old ones allowing the upper o ring to pop out . Go back thorough my emails find a pdf moss sent me to double o ring the injector so the body had an o ring to stop it from falling like it wants to . So I ordered all new o rings for the top and bottom and I used the old ones as the upper o ring on the body . Problem solved .

Made a light test hit under full power from a dig last night off concrete for the first time in probably 3 years . It hazed to high gear but was very soft in power so it just went . Only made 14 psi( big pulley , belt isn’t super tight ) - 16 deg of timing on 93 pump / meth . Lifted at 6410rpm . My calculator says that’s somewhere around 142 mph if the converter was doing it’s thing which it felt like it was . If one made a test hit it may look like this …. 45F77F1F-3352-4650-A506-0FF381456058.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Dang that car is sweeeet, inside and out and the hundred yard burn out is just plain good ole fun!

Doing a good job of keeping up the Faith my Mustang Brother!! :nice::rock::burnout:

• Loved It!
Reactions: 1 users
What is your pulley setup? Planning on running 3.23"/7.25" with power pipe. Also have a 3.12" on standby
I have a 3.33 / 8 inch on it . If I really strap it tight it will probably make close to 17 .

My 3.12 - it will make 22 maybe more I didn’t have a tight enough belt on it last time I had it on there .

I have a 3.33 / 8 inch on it . If I really strap it tight it will probably make close to 17 .

My 3.12 - it will make 22 maybe more I didn’t have a tight enough belt on it last time I had it on there .
Thanks, I’ll probably start with the 3.33 then. Don’t want to be too hard on the ole stock 302

Reactions: 1 user
Will be rocking stock displacement and top end. Will start there and can always turn up boost from there. What belt do you recommend?
Either the gates green or gator backs . I like the gator back a bit more to be honest . I think it truly does help with slip .

• Agree