Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

So the last 2-3 nights I have been working on this thing . I have some misc pictures . Basically I started wiring the trans for the over drive reset relay pack and the trans brake which turned into me ripping the interior out and re wiring any wires I’ve ever added to the car their . Nothing was unsafe or anything like that just was a lot of stuff that 21-26 year old me may have been ok with but now esp after wiring a full car I like things a certain way .

Finally mounted my ecu , made a trans cover plate using the factory bolts so If I ever put a 5 speed back in it isn’t a hassle .

Moved the new shifter back so I can actually get the cover on it under the console .

I took the input / output out harness for the Holley out . Stripped all the loom . Re loomed it with mesh . Labeled all the wires for what I want to control . Pulled it back through the fire wall . ran wire and made plug to turn on fans . Re loomed the rpm signal wire to the tach and sent that back through . Re wired the mess of wires from the radio to the factory harness adapter

Also started re tying up harness in engine bay.

So now I’m up too I have to make the rest of the input wires .

So that will be trans temp , make a connector for drive shaft speed for whenever I add it and trans brake input . Then meth stuff . Then fuel pump then carpet and interior back in after I swap the quarter glass and re spray the grey in the quarter plastics .

2CBFF060-0678-4080-B6A0-2AA7EE87A5F9.jpeg
54504C51-AF45-4B58-9614-B5024153C07F.jpeg
8A98B6A4-D1BF-4E90-A47D-12C0972882D8.jpeg
3CF3A8A8-2179-4F76-9796-692BBF0C2241.jpeg
36CC2F1D-BAED-4A4A-B248-61C730E0A015.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Got more done last night .

Holley power harness ran to battery in the trunk . Injector power harness ran to dist block in trunk . Mounted and made the connection for the actual button on the shifter for the trans brake .

Made the trans temp sensor harness. Mapped out the setup for the pins for the trans temp and the drive shaft sensor just need to get some Holley pins from my friends shop. Also waiting on 1/4 and 1/8 loom cuz I ran out . All that’s left is the meth controller , fuel pump relay wiring and the usb plug for the console to be able to charge my phone . Then the interior can go back in .

Then I just have some misc stuff in the trunk to finish then that carpet can go back in. Extend some sensor wires in the engine bay and all the wiring should be complete .

07B0CB06-FE57-4CE2-8959-1838CF523094.jpeg
BF4EE463-9DCE-45BE-80C0-6B4DFFCA82ED.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks bud ! Finally a response in here I was almost getting tired of talking to myself was ready to go back into hibernation . Lol
I'm reading your stuff every time Jeff, as I'm sure a lot of others are.

If I don't reply, it's usually based on me being ignorant to a half way intelligent reply.

But I get it about not getting a response at times. When I was active on my car there were periods where it was like I was talking to crickets.

One of my favorite cars on here, have nothing really to add except I want to see this thing on the dyno and at the strip. I think you will pick up a LOT at the strip with the new power and auto.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks guys ! I’m trying been trying to get a minimum of 1 thing done a day . Yesterday was just windows. Took a break from the hours of cleaning up and making harnesses . Once this wiring crap is done that will be a BIG hurdle

One of my favorite cars on here, have nothing really to add except I want to see this thing on the dyno and at the strip. I think you will pick up a LOT at the strip with the new power and auto.

Joe
Me too . I think it had a low 10 in it before just couldn’t get it to run consistently . Now I’m praying it goes 9.70 -9.90 with ease in driver trim . I’ll be over the moon . Turned up I need to see a 150mph or better at the stripe then I’ll be over the moon

If this thing makes 800 to the tire and can cut anything sub 1.60 to the 60ft, you will be well into the 9's if not knocking on 8's.

Joe
It went 1.55 on turbines carrying the 17 inch pony with the tremec the day I got it to hook . So I’m hoping low 1.4x maybe even 1.3 once we plot the suspension

Reactions: 1 users