Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Fuel system is done . Catch can lines done .
Got the fender liners back in too .

FECFA4BA-7D09-4680-874F-836C05AD8A42.jpeg
5BD44268-2182-4D89-8697-DB7D288478B1.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

That is a nice looking engine compartment Jeff.. there's only one small thing that I can btch about...;)
Besides the non matching panels, minor paint chips everywhere from the years of working on it , and the ugly as sin brake lines. Oh and the studs sticking out for the upper fan mount that I haven’t cut down still . I’m a bit ocd too but also human at the same time ...... lol

Oh and the intake spacer color

Last edited:
Doing! You get the sore eye award for 2019.
The brake line.

When you've detailed everything on the engine, the eye wanders around to see how far the attention to detail goes beyond the engine.

Take pity, and Fix your poor, bent assed, rusty brake line..if only by unbolting it from the cowl, scuffing it with a scotch brite pad, and rattle canning it.
Theyll thank you for giving them all the dignity a pair of hard brake lines deserve.

Reactions: 1 user
Doing! You get the sore eye award for 2019.
The brake line.

When you've detailed everything on the engine, the eye wanders around to see how far the attention to detail goes beyond the engine.

Take pity, and Fix your poor, bent assed, rusty brake line..if only by unbolting it from the cowl, scuffing it with a scotch brite pad, and rattle canning it.
Theyll thank you for giving them all the dignity a pair of hard brake lines deserve.
I will say it isn’t rusty . Just not shiny. Lol .

I have an idea for it . We’ll see if it works out.

From someone who respects your work and experience I do appreciate the compliments though . I know they are not easily given out

Picked up the driveshaft today . Swapped the aod yoke on , had 2 u joints thrown in it and had it balanced .

Balancing was the real reason it went there . So to save time I just had him do the rest

Reactions: 1 users
Trunk wiring is complete . Stereo is rocking again , drive shaft is in

All we have left is the trans cooler lines , go over everything , discharge pipe , make new x pipe with mufflers , paint new bumper , prime. Motor , drop dist in .

Reactions: 2 users
Pulled the trigger on the dynomax ultra flow mufflers , guys had great reviews and picked up some decent hp over a flow master .
Sound decent at idle ( quiet as can be for 3 inch ) and great under power

3 inch x pipe kit ordered as well

Reactions: 2 users
I think that style of muffler is as good as it gets. I'm partial to MF only because of habit, but I love that the style of muffler is quiet when it needs to be, but at WOT they sound like a banshee having its balls dipped in battery acid.

Edit* Apparently a banshee is a female in Irish lore. but, I'll leave the original post there. Hah!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I think that style of muffler is as good as it gets. I'm partial to MF only because of habit, but I love that the style of muffler is quiet when it needs to be, but at WOT they sound like a banshee having its balls dipped in battery acid.

Edit* Apparently a banshee is a female in Irish lore. but, I'll leave the original post there. Hah!
That’s the ultimate goal . It was between thisand the proXS borla

I wonder if there is a straight thru muffler comparo somewhere? I'm bored at work, so I guess I have a mission now.
I know ive seen one on a supercharged car between magnaflows and Macs, and the macs were the clear winners (3" maggies are only 2 1\2 on the inside and not mandrel bent according to the pics). Personally I can't stand the sound of all those different varieties of glass pack mufflers, give me a chambered one any day (which limits to flows or Macs)

I know ive seen one on a supercharged car between magnaflows and Macs, and the macs were the clear winners (3" maggies are only 2 1\2 on the inside and not mandrel bent according to the pics). Personally I can't stand the sound of all those different varieties of glass pack mufflers, give me a chambered one any day (which limits to flows or Macs)
I had read a thread somewhere the the ultra flow over the flow master was worth 25 whp