Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

I hope you get this sorted out quickly and come back with a stronger engine.
Yeah that’s the plan just sucks because this thing was pretty gangster for a street engine .

Them taking care of the heads would definitley take some burden off me. Then it’s just a matter of fixing the bottom end again

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah that’s the plan just sucks because this thing was pretty gangster for a street engine .

Them taking care of the heads would definitley take some burden off me. Then it’s just a matter of fixing the bottom end again

I gotta tell ya, the orange 86 I had made a little over 1200 hp. "A" block 363/TFS r/Single 95 mm turbo on straight meth running a mechanical belt driven pump that would pump reservoirs dry in a minute.

I didn't know dick about meth,...and less about tuning with it. The hp numbers came from the previous owner after he lost control of his car with that engine in it, and put it on its roof.

That engine hurt itself as a result of my steep learning curve,..... twice. The first time hurt the head when it went lean, and the next time it took the block with it.
My friends told me that it was part of racing, and you "gotta pay to play". I saw it as a sandbox I couldn't afford to play in.

You gotta have the right attitude after a failure when you're making the power you're making, it seems that you do. But I'll be honest..even after the huge loss I just went through bailing out on the worlds most expensive collection of misfit parts, and now getting set to spend another 5-6k to shift directions..I'm about at the end of my tolerance for breakage.

I hope ( and from what I read, it's feasible) that a 500 hp 2jz is " mild" by other standards, and that it should be able to tolerate that as a goal.

But after its all working right............If something breaks, there'll be a roller for sale immediately afterwards.

I gotta tell ya, the orange 86 I had made a little over 1200 hp. "A" block 363/TFS r/Single 95 mm turbo on straight meth running a mechanical belt driven pump that would pump reservoirs dry in a minute.

I didn't know dick about meth,...and less about tuning with it. The hp numbers came from the previous owner after he lost control of his car with that engine in it, and put it on its roof.

That engine hurt itself as a result of my steep learning curve,..... twice. The first time hurt the head when it went lean, and the next time it took the block with it.
My friends told me that it was part of racing, and you "gotta pay to play". I saw it as a sandbox I couldn't afford to play in.

You gotta have the right attitude after a failure when you're making the power you're making, it seems that you do. But I'll be honest..even after the huge loss I just went through bailing out on the worlds most expensive collection of misfit parts, and now getting set to spend another 5-6k to shift directions..I'm about at the end of my tolerance for breakage.

I hope ( and from what I read, it's feasible) that a 500 hp 2jz is " mild" by other standards, and that it should be able to tolerate that as a goal.

But after its all working right............If something breaks, there'll be a roller for sale immediately afterwards.

I learned a lot from @84Ttop and going racing as far as running a car on pure meth is concerned . You hit the nail on the head . Big learning curve .

The blue car Ibuilt that I posted some pics of for my buddy is on m1 as well 22gpm enderle fuel pump . Actually went 1.22 60 foot 5.08 at 142 off the trailer yesterday with a timing ramp pulling 10 deg and putting it back in over 1.5 at the release of the brake .

My car is a whole combo of things went wrong . The tuner though tunes this combo and these blower combos all the time so he was even pretty pissed between the issue with the heads and whatever fuel issue happened .
Sent Injectors out Friday to be flow tested and cleaned. Hopefully that gives me an answer

Attachments

• AD86E989-9B2B-40DF-9C68-3958A256FB44.jpeg
    AD86E989-9B2B-40DF-9C68-3958A256FB44.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 122
  • B88ED3C9-F5FF-4ED1-A9D4-6A989C903E13.jpeg
    B88ED3C9-F5FF-4ED1-A9D4-6A989C903E13.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 798765D5-372E-4C1D-9C54-B699F315CD0C.jpeg
    798765D5-372E-4C1D-9C54-B699F315CD0C.jpeg
    650.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Not much going on . Got the other head off . Wrapped them In a cardboard shell then later on built boxes for them. They will be at tea by Thursday

Little update . Heads are on the way back . New valves and valve job .

2 weeks i will drop the short block off with everything and hopefully pick it up after Christmas.

Reactions: 1 users
Soooo I have been waiting for this thing since before i got sick . It was a whole fiasco . Apparently redline has never done a standard 85-86 wheel so they have only done svo cores . So the original tooling used to make my cover didn’t fit when it went to the installer they use . You get sent the material and then you inspect it then you send it with the wheel to the installer in the US. They sent mine to the uk after all this to make a cover for the standard version wheel . It’s finally on its way to me . I wanted a new wheel but didn’t want something that didn’t fit the car so I stuck with my 85-86 wheel obviously with a refresh . So here we go
3ED022C3-2B89-4981-8B6C-1239FC89E9D9.png

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 7 users
Soooo I have been waiting for this thing since before i got sick . It was a whole fiasco . Apparently redline has never done a standard 85-86 wheel so they have only done svo cores . So the original tooling used to make my cover didn’t fit when it went to the installer they use . You get sent the material and then you inspect it then you send it with the wheel to the installer in the US. They sent mine to the uk after all this to make a cover for the standard version wheel . It’s finally on its way to me . I wanted a new wheel but didn’t want something that didn’t fit the car so I stuck with my 85-86 wheel obviously with a refresh . So here we go

I hit the “like” button before, but kept thinking about this.
I’ve had a new steering wheel on my “list” for a while. This one is perfect. Subtle, tasteful changes that made it nicer than any after market wheelbout there. Nice job!!

what’s worse is.... on my first ‘86 years ago, I put on a Grant wheel. Where that “smiley face” went, I have no idea, but I sure wish I had it now.

I hit the “like” button before, but kept thinking about this.
I’ve had a new steering wheel on my “list” for a while. This one is perfect. Subtle, tasteful changes that made it nicer than any after market wheelbout there. Nice job!!

what’s worse is.... on my first ‘86 years ago, I put on a Grant wheel. Where that “smiley face” went, I have no idea, but I sure wish I had it now.
Thanks !

eBay ! You can still definitely find them and if this is the plan for it you definitely don’t need a perfect one

Spoke to the engine builder today . Bearings and everything else looked brand new . Just the bad piston. So we agreed - rings and all bearings . Going to bore it tomorrow and figure out how far we have to go . Order new pistons Monday .

So they can now do the standard wheel?

What’s funny is a year ago I almost bought the same kit to redo my 3-spoke wheel. I like it a lot...but wished it was a bit more “plush”. I may look into this again

So they can now do the standard wheel?

What’s funny is a year ago I almost bought the same kit to redo my 3-spoke wheel. I like it a lot...but wished it was a bit more “plush”. I may look into this again
Sure can . I’d just make sure you specify and tell then you have the vinyl wrapped fake leather and not the svo one . It definitely has the bulk of a modern wheel now . It isn’t flimsy anymore

Reactions: 1 user