Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Somebody has to help Kevin hold the bar high.
I think it was this car that started the 'pony at the fuel pump' picture craze, now everybody does it.
Well, some members anyway.
OK, so hardly any members do.
I think it should be a membership requirement

And HOOKERS
Wait, sorry wrong webpage. :doh:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn,not sure how I missed this. That's hauling the mail man! Love it! Don't know if I can match that but I''ll sure try :rock:
I follow your thread always. Your car is one of my all time favorites. I loved the photos in NYC during lockdown. That was epic!
I follow your thread always. Your car is one of my all time favorites. I loved the photos in NYC during lockdown. That was epic!
I agree. That one (in Times Square I believe) really hit home. I’m a New Yorker……. And to see that pic with the city so empty was both awesome and sad at the same time.
That being said……… this car is definitely one of my favorite. Drives it all over the place, and then goes and runs 9’s on the strip. And it’s super clean on top of all that.
Definitely one of the cars I aspire to be with mine. Prob never get there….. but something to shoot for!
thanks guys I do appreciate it ! We’ll see next year with 100 degree less inlet temps and some good gas what it will really run . First is to try it just the way it is but with the intercooler I think it’ll run 30s

Then put good fuel in and let it rock !

Reactions: 2 users
I agree. That one (in Times Square I believe) really hit home. I’m a New Yorker……. And to see that pic with the city so empty was both awesome and sad at the same time.
That being said……… this car is definitely one of my favorite. Drives it all over the place, and then goes and runs 9’s on the strip. And it’s super clean on top of all that.
Definitely one of the cars I aspire to be with mine. Prob never get there….. but something to shoot for!
It was legit so surreal how quiet it was . I’ve never heard the city like that ever . I drove over 100 miles that night with ease and had a blast

Reactions: 1 user
8990354A-2E99-4DC9-A671-B605A9DAA75B.jpeg
1F6040BC-77D4-4F4B-ADDE-3E37ACB085D1.jpeg
6F29EA44-AEEC-4AA5-8459-3BE8F03FFBCC.jpeg
B9E87786-CAA4-4C99-8EEF-762142DBFF1C.jpeg

• Love
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users
Went to World Cup . Spoke to sharad - came
Home with my anti roll bar

This is an under axle bar and the only welding is the tabs to the frame rail for the links. This make it leave straight but with the bushing design is perfect for street use and doesn’t get disconnected. G body guys have a similar setup they run too
2C6040B6-BAC8-4B9D-81D3-7F490797B111.jpeg
719898F4-E0CC-4173-8E5E-728B3FD5120C.jpeg
4E29F408-1E8F-421A-BFF5-4085C500818C.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Few of the bad ass street cars from the poker run

Something weird happened . I shredded a belt on my way to the first spot . I thought I actually nuked it that’s how it sounded . The car didn’t feel or sound right right before it . Sure enough the belt was a blessing in disguise . The number 6 plug wire was off . I have no idea how . I locked it on . Cut the belt shred . Continued on to the next spot and it was fine . Swapped belt - left first spot and smashed it and the car was great rest of the day . Played with the Ltd on the way to third spot and a 80 Camaro. Was a nice way to end the season .
6050114A-7829-4330-8328-69FCA8430C06.jpeg
C385A19B-C085-4CCB-86EF-BBBE4B9F0210.jpeg
160A0C9D-C95E-4A9A-A1BA-51A8D3CC633F.jpeg
C1DEBB1D-67FD-4D0D-9843-900F58864254.jpeg
E866230F-145F-45B9-B215-C9768E3A95F3.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
B40EBCB7-CCD0-4BF6-9A46-B2C718157A8E.jpeg

First drive . They bite hard initially but the pedal is still mushy . I bled each wheel 4-5 times . Shouldn’t be any air , wondering if now I have a master to piston size issue . The chart they give for the calipers says 15/16 for manual brakes which is what is in this car but I have a booster. They list 1 inch which would be 93 cobra .

I’m going to bleed them again and see . I had to bring my prop valve all the way to full pressure to get them to bite . But it will not lock up the brakes . Even with full pressure

I have 94-04 Cobra brakes on my Coupe and TBird. One with a 95 GT booster and MC and the other with the 93 Cobra booster and MC. Not one bit of difference in pedal feel to me and they are both firm.

I use a Motive pressure bleeder but not saying that is the issue with yours just throwing it out there. I know you really have to pay attention to how you bench bleed the MC.

I also have SS braided lines front and rear so that takes a minute but if the mush out.

I have 94-04 Cobra brakes on my Coupe and TBird. One with a 95 GT booster and MC and the other with the 93 Cobra booster and MC. Not one bit of difference in pedal feel to me and they are both firm.

I use a Motive pressure bleeder but not saying that is the issue with yours just throwing it out there. I know you really have to pay attention to how you bench bleed the MC.

I also have SS braided lines front and rear so that takes a minute but if the mush out.
I just put 4 piston Baers on the front vs the 2 piston cobra setup . I had no issue with my cobra stuff and the 94-95 cobra 15/16 master that’s on it now .

Smaller pistons in the Baer I’m sure but may equal more piston surface area now that there’s 4 on each side and contribute to why the pedal is now softer and doesn’t have enough pressure to lock brakes with full pressure to the whole system . I have the ss lines front and rear as well

I have a pressure bleeder I really need to break out and try that I’ve never used

1 inch MC ordered. 76 bucks shipped . I’ll get that on once it shows .

Also have a set of front viking double adjustables coming for the front to replace my blown strange struts . Shoutout to UPR for those and my buddy Mario who everyone knows blue coupe online .

Coil over hardware came , hoping toward the end of the week to make that swap over it seems like it’s going to warm up significantly.

Reactions: 1 users