Oil pressure too high means oil is too thick ?

BA85F3CE-A575-47D7-AB20-549A14B9224F.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Btw if you look at my previous posts on “ oil comparison “ the 90k psi # is very good - 125k + is top of line - 50k is bottom of line - this guy does not give too much credit for zinc though , which apparently is an old school favorite for cutting friction

Reactions: 1 user
5 quarts is right. Dipsticks are wrong too. Basically anything that measures anything on a fox is wrong.... lol Why do I love these cars?!

If you overfill by a quart, it's probably not going to kill anything, but I would drain the quart back out if I were you. I've left 1/2 a quart extra in a car with no ill-effects. 1 quart makes me a little uncomfortable, though, but it's still probably ok. The crank will end up with too much windage. Hurts fuel economy, power, and could froth up the oil causing air pockets which is a no go.

Last edited:
Btw - how old are all you guys on here - I am 51 - my attempt at humor goes over the head of the younger generation - like these mustangs I tend to be straightforward , brash and have raw power but with an easy going attitude . I grew up in the time of hard work humor and jokes . I got along with ALL types of people. We didn’t worry about “ political correctness “ - treat all people fair and receive mutual respect from them . Ttyl , Off to go to work now

Reactions: 1 users
I'm the typical old man that yells at kids to 'get off my lawn' even when they are clearly in the middle of the street.
i also mow my lawn in circles so the rest of the neighbors think I'm crazy and leave me alone.

Cut grass in circles - that is funny ! I had a friend of my sons over once (16-17 year old ) he said he could cut my lawn - I said ok , came out to see how it was going and he was using the lawnmower like a vacuum - back and forth , lol - this new generation is weak on manual labor.

Question on the crankcase filter under the PCV - what holds it in the hole ? Looks like steel wool used - I would think the risk of metal threads deteriorating and getting lodged in valve train will be an issue .
5EDBD4F5-4429-428C-97FA-9EB92D09F6B7.png

Once you pull out the pcv and the pcv grommet it's pretty easy to get to. I screw a wood screw straigh in the center just enough to hold it and pull it out with pliers. The stuff in it is thicker than steel wool. Sometimes a little gunk will h
old it in there and you'll have to try to scrape the crud out with a screw driver to get it to pop out. It's in an area that's hard to see...and kinda hard to get to without almost laying on the engine.

I'm 41...and been messing with these cars for about 25 years. This place is the coolest forum I've ever been in. People here tend to have pretty thick skin and are mostly in our age range. Keep the convo to just about anything. Pictures are a plus and videos even better. This is a family oriented forum so vulgarity is the only thing I've seen someone really get blasted and shunned for. I joined a few years ago and couldn't imagine not checking in here on a regular basis.

We tend to treat everyone with respect....as long is respect is given. No animals can actually be harmed....traumatized is ok...but physical harm must be limited to loss of hair. No permanently harmed animal pics allowed...but if you happen to chop the tip of your finger off we'd like to see it.

Welcome to the forum !!!

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
When I had a fox with the stock pan, I’d always put 5 quarts total, with about 2/3 of a quart poured into my oil filter. Always used 10w-30 and never had issues.

Realistically, anything with a roller cam setup can run damn near any oil that’s on sale at Walmart without issue. I always use Mobil 1 or the motorcraft synblend because they’re both well priced at Wally World.

• Agree
Also keep in mind... the synthetic oil will flow better when cold then conventional oil... so a 10w-30 Mobil 1 will flow/pour better when cold then a 10w-30 dino oil.... I have Mobil 1 in everything I own that takes oil... even my 60 gal Husky Air compressor (in fact it stated in the Manuel to use an oil like Mobil 1 and I've had that thing over 10 years) but yeah, stick with a 10w-30 synthetic oil all year round and you will be fine.

How do you post videos btw

You would have to make a youtube account and upload your video to there. Then click on share...then select clip board. When you open the text box if you hold your finger over the cursor ( I'm using a smart phone ) it'll ask if you want to paste. Click paste and then type whatever you want and hit the post reply button.

It took me about a year to figure that out...and someone else may know a better fast way....to either do it...or explain it.

I want my motor super clean so I change it every 6 months . I cant imagine that it can be changed too much. Its perfect inside . but Im freaked out about the main bearings and lifters. The original owner changed it alot also. Castrol GTX 5-30 , Motorcraft filter......55 yrs old with wife and 21 yr. old daughter. Neither understand the Mustang thing . Wife wont even get in it . She holds on and complains about her neck

Attachments

• IMG_3608.jpg
    IMG_3608.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 81