Progress Thread SN95 "Project Father & Son" 1994 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Do like Mike, and get a paint brush and rustoleum that thang.
Whatever paint they put on the booster its deceptive...You could see mine turning orange more and more every day. I don't know that I'd clear coat anything...I think the booster needs a sho-nuff coat of paint on it.

I may opt for that. I worked for Cardone and know that finished product is a rust coating. The stock Ford unit doesn't have anything but a thin layer of paint.

I know I'll probably paint it anyway. I've already done high temp black ceramic paint on a few items under the hood. May just carry the theme over.

Reactions: 1 user
Took your advice and wound up painting the booster.

It came out fantastic with the ceramic high temp paint.

45681151682_aa473460f1_h.jpg
Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr

45006417444_24a86d3d7f_h.jpg

45681268912_2ee0baeedf_h.jpg

43913882080_22ca546c0c_h.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Update

Been working on prepping the engine bay for paint.

In the meantime I did paint a few bits.

31971916268_ef456f7af4_h.jpg

Cold Air kit was looking shabby so I painted that the same paint as the booster.

44946711065_e5878a74ec_h.jpg

45135176964_3702fc0d9a_h.jpg

Going to the NASCAR truck race with the boys again this year. We are going early to watch Xfinity practice and Cup qualifying.

44835331695_81ad0b229d_h.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Well I started putting it all back together last night.

I"m taking my time, putting looms on this and cleaning up some overspray.

That white cable is the clutch cable which is being removed for a Steeda unit. In fact I just need to get under the car to release it.

Some over spray is on the caster / camber plates. I'm either going to change them or repaint the stockers so that'll be fixed.

I'm flushing the radiator out and cleaned the coolant tank, it was gummed at the bottom but some mineral spirits took care of that.

It's a shame the battery / battery tray is covering my art, I have the wires looking perfect under it.

39860818273_15d0d15c9c_b.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
The Onion strikes again!

The fuel injections wiring harness was so trashed the wire looms were broken inside the electrical tape.

On top of that every fuel injector plug was broken one is so bad it'll need to be replaced (see pic). On top of that this car came with the newer style skinny 24 pound fuel injectors with plug adaptors. These are found on the 4.6L cars and some trucks.

I ordered the stock Denso 24 Pound Blue Injectors, I'm ditching the adaptors and I'm ordering new injector plugs that I'll have to solder in. This was money I didn't want to spend but that's what happens.

I took the harness apart, what a friggin mess but installed new looms and taped it back up.

45937097595_c768ddc0a2_b.jpg

More progress putting it together. I'm taking my time, cleaning and painting where I can.

32976305068_d4fb80a627_b.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Reran the alternator harness from the top of these brackets and moved them under.

This cleared up the top of the bracket but it was dirty so wire wheeled it all.

Then the coil and coil bracket looked rusty so I removed that and repainted this too.

This is why it's taking so long. Same thing with radiator support brackets or anything removeable.

Before

46799697782_f411674b94_b.jpg

After

46851877451_7b5d4b3d6b_c.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I really like what you're doing with this car. My dream is to eventually do the same with my '95 once the '66 is restored and I'm out of military and our family is settled for good. I need a shop to work in.

I really like what you're doing with this car. My dream is to eventually do the same with my '95 once the '66 is restored and I'm out of military and our family is settled for good. I need a shop to work in.

When I retire in a few years and kids are on their own I'm moving up by General Kathief (well Dade City) on at least 5 acres. There I"ll build a house for me and the wife but the best part is I'm building a 3-4 bay shop on the property. Must have working facilities such as bathroom with shower so I don't have to walk to the house. Thanks for serving this Country, much appreciated!

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
I can appreciate all that rewrapping harnesses and polishing brackets. I did the same with my Cobra clone, and it really did take forever. At least, it felt that way.

Oh yeah, sure feels like it took me 20 minutes to take it apart and months putting it back together. This friggin booster is fighting me, it's painted and new. The old one I had to beat out with a rubber mallet (broke the mallet). This one just doesn't quite clear the strut tower. It's the same as the stock one but just killing me.