Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

So the bumper as I expected is close but not perfect . Of course under my garage flourescent lights also make it that much worse . It is the exact mix right out of the same can from when we painted the car . But single stage and about 5 years of sun abuse no matter how much you take care of it it’s still going to change . I’m hoping when we rub the bumper it will kill the color with the heat and cutting it down .

Either way at the end of the day this is not a concourse car and I know it. It’s a street car in every sense that I don’t want to be afraid to drive that can do a bit of everything .

2F3543A1-BF78-4D70-997F-8B14C864B5B8.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah Jeff, solid reds darken an turn blueish.

I always have to tint reds in that direction even if the car is only a couple years old.
They don’t make the paint anymore that’s the other issue . We used a commercial grade paint I am not sure if you heard of it . Cheap stuff but it does have some crazy depth to it for a single stage . It’s called u- tech . Thank god by some miracle I had activator . Also found some at his shop and stashed it because you cannot get it at all .

They don’t make the paint anymore that’s the other issue . We used a commercial grade paint I am not sure if you heard of it . Cheap stuff but it does have some crazy depth to it for a single stage . It’s called u- tech . Thank god by some miracle I had activator . Also found some at his shop and stashed it because you cannot get it at all .
Utech is a really nice system, I’m currently using their clear coats everyday.

Akzo Nobel product.

They call it their value line, but it’s certainly better than any of the other manufacturer’s value lines.

I’m not sure why your painter couldn’t get it any more. Could be EPA crap getting in the way in your part of the country.

Utech is a really nice system, I’m currently using their clear coats everyday.

Akzo Nobel product.

They call it their value line, but it’s certainly better than any of the other manufacturer’s value lines.

I’m not sure why your painter couldn’t get it any more. Could be EPA crap getting in the way in your part of the country.

Exactly ! EPA nonsense .

Awesome man,glad it’s finally back together..
How’s driving with the automatic?
Definitely different but cool

Let me say this though , breaking it in and stuff I can’t get on it and take advantage of the converter and stuff .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I’m going to say I put close to 100 if not 100 miles on the car today. It was awesome . One minor hiccup the oil pressure senso was leaking re sealed it at work . I’m stoked .

That sand beige car my buddy just picked up is a mint 2.3 car , it already had the cheesy stuff on it .

The Cressida has a built 1.5jz made 740 to the tire yesterday.

Charger is a 6 with a Vortech that makes around 450 to the tire .

8B0114F9-0579-4D94-8FB3-1C86D5C2BD22.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users