Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Making moves . Have to love amazon prime . I ordered that sensor some time after 1am . Says it will be on my door step by 9pm tonight .
Dropped tire off on my way Into work for overtime at 10am .

Just picked it up no real leak It was real slow To begin with . He said it just needed to be re beaded so hopefully that’s that .
All that’s left is my speedo cable saga after that .

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Last night I pulled a dumb move . I don’t check the sensor I cut up the Harness and add my weather pack connector to it so I don’t have to pull my carpet up everytime this tbing needs to be changed .

Yeah I ordered a Bosch 4.9 sensor because I thought that’s what my gauge took . Meanwhile it’s a 4.2 and even if I moved the wiring around they are not interchangeable. So I waisted money and destroyed the sensor so I couldn’t return it .

New one will be here today . Dumb move on my part whoops

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
After driving it all weekend I put the front up in the air to change the oil whenever i get around to it . Checked the converter bolts and stuff too . Everything was good.
Fixed a small PS leak at the return fitting . Re oriented the an fittings and cranked them down . Cleaned it all up and hopefully that solves that.

Adjusted the passenger side tail pipe so hopefully it stops the random rattle against the unibody frame rail .

Re adjusted the shifter . It was never right honestly. I could get all 3 forward gears but in the locked position in neutral it wouldn’t crank which told me the trans wasn’t in its right spot . After messing around night before last and not being happy I watched a video that b&m has and realized I was doing it all wrong . Seems to be perfect now but we’ll see when i drive it . The pivot pin moves in and out of the lever freely in every gear . Reverse lights come on in reverse gear . Car cranks in neutral like it should . So I think we have a winner .

Next thing is to decide what I’m going to do for a wideband and fix the speedo cable and the oil change . The wideband still wouldn’t calibrate with the 4.2 sensor . It’s been in the car since 14 so maybe it finally bit the dust .

150 ish miles in 2 days and the car ran flawless . It was nice to cruise it in 38-42 degree weather with no salt on the road in February .

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
After driving it all weekend I put the front up in the air to change the oil whenever i get around to it . Checked the converter bolts and stuff too . Everything was good.
Fixed a small PS leak at the return fitting . Re oriented the an fittings and cranked them down . Cleaned it all up and hopefully that solves that.

Adjusted the passenger side tail pipe so hopefully it stops the random rattle against the unibody frame rail .

Re adjusted the shifter . It was never right honestly. I could get all 3 forward gears but in the locked position in neutral it wouldn’t crank which told me the trans wasn’t in its right spot . After messing around last night and not being happy I watched a video that b&m has and realized I was doing it all wrong . Seems to be perfect now but we’ll see when i drive it . The pivot pin moves in and out of the lever freely in every gear . Reverse lights come on in reverse gear . Car cranks in neutral like it should . So I think we have a winner .

things are to decide what I’m going to do for a wideband and fix the speedo cable and the oil change . The wideband still wouldn’t calibrate with the 4.2 sensor . It’s been in the car since 14 so maybe it finally bit the dust .

150 ish miles in 2 days and the car ran flawless . It was nice to cruise it in 38-42 degree weather with no salt on the road in February .
This wb tie into the ECU? If so you can get a much higher quality unit for the same price as a lc2...
Spartan3 adv

Reactions: 1 user
This wb tie into the ECU? If so you can get a much higher quality unit for the same price as a lc2...
Spartan3 adv
Nope . Ecu has its own . This has been in the dash since the car had an a9p and a Anderson PMs . I’m not sure when I’m doing a dash so I like to atleast be able to see the afr . I have it in the driver vent so I may just buy another MTX-L being I know it fits

Messing around today

0B5541C0-6B23-488A-A71F-B7BAB6630C90.jpeg
9DC34A15-43DE-4869-A945-260541B1C79B.jpeg
B0F9DECC-E694-4630-8A3D-97C8709190E2.jpeg
8BEBFE0B-8A6C-4DD3-8988-C1433A816DE3.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users