Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors(?)

TOOLOW91

If you're the village idiot what's that make me?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
S.I.NY
Ever since I did the aod and burned my factory speedo cable on the new headers it’s been a nightmare with this speedo . It would work intermittent. Put the car back together and nothing at all . I see a spot it got warm I figure let me get another and re route it . I pull the old one it spins free it wasn’t bound up . I put the new one in anyway I use some DEI heat wrap . I check the cluster while it’s out spins free and works .

Pull speedo gear and check it for defects . None . Gear is perfect . You can feel the teeth engage when it goes in . Does anyone just not make a cable that is actually internally the right length? It seems like it has too much play to slide oneway or another and that could be the issue .

it’s aggravating to say the least and it just looks terrible to not have it working while driving

also I did lube the cable with Graphite lube as it should get before it went in .

Last edited:

TOOLOW91

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
S.I.NY
Picked this up this weekend . BBRC stock style tank . Going to this and a Weldon 1100a pump at the recommendation of Freezy and me not being a fan of my current Glenn’s sleeper setup . Going to have stands welded on the tank to bolt the pump up front . Then have it PC satin black .

this is new . Been sitting inthe dudes garage . Paid 425 they are588 plus shipping

BE79D7E8-08DC-4EBE-992F-FE82FAA2A73C.jpeg

stanglx2002

CT Material here
Mod Dude
Jul 7, 2005
Why do you not link the Glenn's setup?

I was looking at one of there 03-04 cobra tanks that they sell, but almost thought of just getting a 99-04 tank and welding in the baffles myself.

TOOLOW91

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
S.I.NY
Why do you not link the Glenn's setup?

I was looking at one of there 03-04 cobra tanks that they sell, but almost thought of just getting a 99-04 tank and welding in the baffles myself.
The 03/04 style is fine . The front feed sleeper I have is what I think cooked the motor last go round .

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
I never get tired of seeing pictures of this car, you need to get some safeties in place for the system.. I monitor fuel pressure and AFR and if either go out of my allowable range it shuts it down to avoid damage.

Reactions: TOOLOW91

TOOLOW91

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
S.I.NY
I never get tired of seeing pictures of this car, you need to get some safeties in place for the system.. I monitor fuel pressure and AFR and if either go out of my allowable range it shuts it down to avoid damage.
It’s all monitored . It’s setup now to pull timing if inlet temperature is too hot etc . I haven’t gotten I to boost really at all . I am going through all the things that need to be addressed before we re dyno again
Thanks for the compliment dude ! Sometimes I am really fed up with it and then other days where it looks like it does in the pics I remember why I love the damn thing so much

Last edited:

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
Mod Dude
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
I dig the mach. I have my sights set on a classic for the end of the year. I don't think I'll do the custom billet wheels for the fox.

• Friendly
Reactions: TOOLOW91