Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

A64DD762-022E-44A2-B3A8-69295F42452D.jpeg
77B380B3-B16A-4D18-BAF0-9A9ACBDEFFE0.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
Got the new panels riveted in finally . Pass side will get a rubber strip for the hole where the pipe passes through . The pipe covers up the little bit of red you’d see from behind .

Have a few things to check with k member alignment then I am almost postiive I can drop the motor in the car .

CA5A7EE4-9565-41B1-B3E7-E207359039EA.jpeg
6CC62409-4556-4101-97F2-BC7F5DDCC633.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Got this running Monday . So I’m just about done and if it cools down I can dedicate time back to my car again . Full chassis wiring , including lights , double trans brake button , line lock , full Holley EFI that I cut the harness in half and did a firewall plug . Re routed al sensors into the wiper cowl on a log and also Plummed entire fuel system . With a host of other stuff .

500lb injector stuck open on us so they had to go back to billet atomizer .

View: https://youtu.be/wSyUfk0kg80
0322ABA5-2FEE-49C4-90C5-0928EA62AC89.jpeg
BE7B604C-6795-4D9E-8F1F-2C517023B1E7.jpeg
1B7EB881-0744-4290-9EBB-9FA813190B25.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Been so crazy here . Gonna try to get back to the car this week and next . Have to square the k member then I’ll prob be putting the motor in . Just got back from yellowbullet where I had the pleasure of being able to bring @84Ttop 2015 for upr to display .

6A02149D-74AE-4CDB-BE33-35BE6FBCBA68.jpeg
10434CC5-B206-4292-B325-BA05291F67D6.jpeg
6D742D1E-9991-4969-A210-C8C97C6B9C7A.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Come back season is right around the corner boys ....

Had my buddy come over last night and we plotted the car out , turns out front to back on both sides I got the k member completely even . Going across in an x the k member is less then a 1/16th off . I’d say it’s pretty damn square . Motor can go in now . I do have an issue with the wheel being forward . I’m gonna talk to Collin cuz he had similar issue . If his stock arms fixed it that’s the route I’ll go .

58342DB7-1207-4AB1-B00D-A41D9071C82F.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
I’m at a cross road . It’s called balancing time and having it to work on the car or having the time and lack of motivation.

Either way I really want the car done and running and I’d like to drive and enjoy it . As much as I like the build process I also just want it done . I toyed with parting it all out keeping the shell and getting an 03 cobra or like a c6 vette or something . But coming up on 7 years owning this car I can’t see myself letting it go.

I want to finish , the lack of progress and motivation sucks . It will get there though .

Reactions: 1 users
I’m at a cross road . It’s called balancing time and having it to work on the car or having the time and lack of motivation.

Either way I really want the car done and running and I’d like to drive and enjoy it . As much as I like the build process I also just want it done . I toyed with parting it all out keeping the shell and getting an 03 cobra or like a c6 vette or something . But coming up on 7 years owning this car I can’t see myself letting it go.

I want to finish , the lack of progress and motivation sucks . It will get there though .
Dude you are preaching to the choir! you've either got to make the decision to cover it up for a little while and wait for the bug to bite again (it will) or bite the bullet and make it happen.

I'm quickly approaching 2 years of being down and the harder I push, the harder it seems to fight back. Once it's fixed, I swear I'm never going to drive the damn thing for fear of breaking it again.

Anyway, you'll get there.

Cover her up and pickup a cheap c5 and get some driving in before the white stuff hits. Work on it during the winter here and there and make yourself believe it'll all be ready to rock by the time the salt is gone and the birds are chirping

You are definiately preaching to the chior. I went through so many ups and down during the build and repair of my car to this point it made me realize how dedicated to it and how good my friends are. Whenever I'm ready to throw in the towel my friends reenergize me to keep going.

I almost gave up Thursday night but my buddy convinced me not to. I'm glad he did that. Now the car runs better than it ever has.

Reactions: 1 user