Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Hey look what showed up

A32EA0C7-5074-4C81-9A4A-AB19A4EA8730.jpeg
0F9E8D43-C7F8-4964-A362-94B42F306B5D.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Well we are getting closer. Car has full ins on it again and I just re reg’d it finally .

I was in Florida visiting mom for a few days for mother’s day so now that I have the house back to normal I am gonna get back on it this week

Reactions: 1 users
Trans cooler lines finished .
Starter cable hooked up and tied out of the way .

We’re left with

Upper rad hose
Make x pipe and connections to mufflers
Prime engine .
Time and drop in dist
Fill with fluids .
Check for leaks .
Paint and install new bumper .
Go over all bolts and connections .

Reactions: 4 users
More stuff makes its way on to the engine . Put the big pulley on it . Low boost for when I fire it up and finally cruise it . Rad hose is on . Got most of the vac lines sorted . Discharge pipe . Knocked the old mufflers off tonicht becasue it’s going to my buddycfor the exhaust Thursday .

Getting closer

51571BE9-C17C-44AE-BA92-0F3EA2F102B6.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
First time out in day light since 2017 .

Don’t mind my scraped up trans pan . That’s what happens when you put that thing in alone on your back . My buddy Charlie is doing the exhaust for me . We are about 80 percent done I am really happy with it . Tucked up real tight .

FB7DD081-2F17-4A31-8967-A745C5AEA8C0.jpeg
BC83D65F-F2D8-4293-93A3-B69939FB20B8.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
I'd like to do that to my header collectors, you just cut the flange off and use 3" pipe to slip over?

They didn’t have a flange , just the slip on like that . Used hooker clamps they are very nice .

Last edited:
More stuff makes its way on to the engine . Put the big pulley on it . Low boost for when I fire it up and finally cruise it . Rad hose is on . Got most of the vac lines sorted . Discharge pipe . Knocked the old mufflers off tonicht becasue it’s going to my buddycfor the exhaust Thursday .

Getting closer

51571BE9-C17C-44AE-BA92-0F3EA2F102B6.jpeg
This makes my eyes happy.

• Loved It!
Reactions: 1 user
Threw 7 qts in the trans last night .
Filled radiator up .
Filled power steering up .
02 sensors are in

Went through the Holley set the inputs and outputs . Tested the fans . Tested trans brake input .

Didn’t like the generic I/o settings so created a advanced one so that it will not trigger the fan relay unless the rpm is over 650 so on cranking it won’t draw power through the car .

Need more coolant and trans fluid . Waiting on the smaller oil filter to come today then I can prime the oil pump .

Just about ready

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users