Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Still waiting on pistons from Diamond .
Ordered
Motor mounts
Plug wires
160 stat
Engine lift plate For efi intake ( tired of using the chain )
Holley upper intake gaskets ( spacer )

Still have some
Odds and ends and fluids to buy but should be able to go right back in once I get the engine back now .

Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

So I managed to somehow pull off adding a ground stud pass through the firewall without pulling the dash and without putting an 1 1/4 hole through my heater box . I made up a ground cable to go from my junction where the battery is tied in the trunk and ran it up to the fire wall then that will go to the cyl head once the motor is in . Something I over looked last time around . Seats are all back in as well as the trunk carpet.

Engine builder texted me today . Said that pistons are shipping from Diamond to him Monday .

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
Engine should be done Tuesday . More street car stuff for the street car . High beam , turn signal , fuel gauge , speedo will all be wired in and working as well as the can bus supplying the rest of the data from the ecu . Once this is all set I will prob take all my gauges out of the car and just have this

A07D5BFB-E5C6-4B7C-85B3-EA7152FA2C02.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Started dressing it , the lift plate won’t allow me to put the rails and injectors on like I wanted but no big deal.
Need to grab a thermostat gasket tomorrow so I can put the housing on . Water pump and crank pulley ( blower) are staying off so it’s a straight shot to lower in the car . Trying to re clean everything up . Coolant and oil make a mess even if it was all just powder coated not too long ago .

Need to get 6 shorter bolts for the lift plate as well

89E09610-454D-4052-836C-C22DB105BE80.jpeg
92B39950-39A3-4278-B6EA-743C27A27FDA.png

Reactions: 3 users
@Mustang5L5 I’m trying to be like you over here with the pretty engine stuff . Problem is when it’s in and out 100 times it’s 1000 times harder to keep it all looking nice . Was going to order the arp bolts for the t stat but once the blower brackets are on you can barely even see the damn water neck

@Mustang5L5 I’m trying to be like you over here with the pretty engine stuff . Problem is when it’s in and out 100 times it’s 1000 times harder to keep it all looking nice . Was going to order the arp bolts for the t stat but once the blower brackets are on you can barely even see the damn water neck

Yeah...not looking forward to putting mine in and potentially scratching anything. Hell, i'm sweating just thinking about finding a safe place to store the motor for a few months.

And It was your engine that inspired the look I was going after. I was trying to keep up with you!

Yeah...not looking forward to putting mine in and potentially scratching anything. Hell, i'm sweating just thinking about finding a safe place to store the motor for a few months.

And It was your engine that inspired the look I was going after. I was trying to keep up with you!
Thanks bro I appreciate that but all kidding aside I saw yours done and said holy :poo: I’m doing it wrong here ! Black garbage bag around the motor stuff it in the corner out of the way as you can

Reactions: 1 user