Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Plugging away . Got a whole bunch done .

converter bolts
Starter
Headers mounted .
driveshaft
Trans cooler lines
Fix trans cooler temp sensor plug
Shifter cable on
Speedo cable in
Mid pipe in
Fuel rails and Injectors on
Crank pulley on

D6848D30-6CB8-47AF-B342-EDB1D2066513.jpeg
97F58535-0EBB-4B9A-B6A2-6805CD5DD674.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users
Early birthday gift showed up . 9 inch ends for my 8.8 . Eventually will be done with 33 spline axles and a tru trac so there is no worry of leaving off the brake when I want to get after it .

01E8BEE7-DF53-49FD-A910-2FE990E323AF.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Plugging away . Got a whole bunch done .

converter bolts
Starter
Headers mounted .
driveshaft
Trans cooler lines
Fix trans cooler temp sensor plug
Shifter cable on
Speedo cable in
Mid pipe in
Fuel rails and Injectors on
Crank pulley on

D6848D30-6CB8-47AF-B342-EDB1D2066513.jpeg
97F58535-0EBB-4B9A-B6A2-6805CD5DD674.jpeg
With that much extension hanging off the end of the crank, it’s a wonder that that sht don’t snap off

Need new clamps for my upper hose
Install the distributor
Plug wires
Transmission fluid
Power steering fluid
Antifreeze and it’s back together

also found that the Glenn’s tank has a small micro pin hole fuel leakthat apparently seeps down from the feed and drips in the gas tank cover and out the small hole in the cover . I’ll have to address that down the road .

4EACD297-4961-478A-A3B1-1429392E234F.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

I have one carb style cover with a fitting welded in thebreather hole . One efi with a fitting on the front . Both go to a catch can in my bumper . No pcv . So this comes off and fills through there . Just like an oil fill hole

Attachments

• FEA7F0C6-8AC0-4FDC-B526-A2947C3D5579.jpeg
    FEA7F0C6-8AC0-4FDC-B526-A2947C3D5579.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 108
I have one carb style cover with a fitting welded in thebreather hole . One efi with a fitting on the front . Both go to a catch can in my bumper . No pcv . So this comes off and fills through there . Just like an oil fill hole
I was not questioning the way it is or why you did it, I understand why a forced induction system needs a different crank case evac set up.
I was remembering someone that was removing the pcv on a na engine, mostly because we have a sbc here at the shop that was rebuilt and installed without a pcv system and does not have a lot of miles on it. It leaks from every gasket. Honestly looks like it has a bagillion miles on it.

I was not questioning the way it is or why you did it, I understand why a forced induction system needs a different crank case evac set up.
I was remembering someone that was removing the pcv on a na engine, mostly because we have a sbc here at the shop that was rebuilt and installed without a pcv system and does not have a lot of miles on it. It leaks from every gasket. Honestly looks like it has a bagillion miles on it.
If it’s leaking from every gasket then the crank case pressure is not getting out of the engine and maybe they need a vac pump .