Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Ever since I did the aod and burned my factory speedo cable on the new headers it’s been a nightmare with this speedo . It would work intermittent. Put the car back together and nothing at all . I see a spot it got warm I figure let me get another and re route it . I pull the old one it spins free it wasn’t bound up . I put the new one in anyway I use some DEI heat wrap . I check the cluster while it’s out spins free and works .

Pull speedo gear and check it for defects . None . Gear is perfect . You can feel the teeth engage when it goes in . Does anyone just not make a cable that is actually internally the right length? It seems like it has too much play to slide oneway or another and that could be the issue .

it’s aggravating to say the least and it just looks terrible to not have it working while driving

also I did lube the cable with Graphite lube as it should get before it went in .

Last edited:
Just another day another 100 miles. Time for an oil change and to put the new aem wide band in . Oem speedo cable should be here end of week

0E91429E-2502-4A73-B1CD-B83054C0E738.jpeg
1EE91E8A-CC33-4298-9FFB-B879E801B54B.jpeg
0440BC35-61A3-447B-B0FA-A47068C3ADA1.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
After installing the oem cable and having to pull it out of the trans 2 more times to move the cable around in the insulation so it touches both the speedo head and the speedsensor gear . We have a working speedo .

Reactions: 3 users
Picked this up this weekend . BBRC stock style tank . Going to this and a Weldon 1100a pump at the recommendation of Freezy and me not being a fan of my current Glenn’s sleeper setup . Going to have stands welded on the tank to bolt the pump up front . Then have it PC satin black .

this is new . Been sitting inthe dudes garage . Paid 425 they are588 plus shipping

BE79D7E8-08DC-4EBE-992F-FE82FAA2A73C.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users
Why do you not link the Glenn's setup?

I was looking at one of there 03-04 cobra tanks that they sell, but almost thought of just getting a 99-04 tank and welding in the baffles myself.

Why do you not link the Glenn's setup?

I was looking at one of there 03-04 cobra tanks that they sell, but almost thought of just getting a 99-04 tank and welding in the baffles myself.
The 03/04 style is fine . The front feed sleeper I have is what I think cooked the motor last go round .

I never get tired of seeing pictures of this car, you need to get some safeties in place for the system.. I monitor fuel pressure and AFR and if either go out of my allowable range it shuts it down to avoid damage.

Reactions: 1 user
I never get tired of seeing pictures of this car, you need to get some safeties in place for the system.. I monitor fuel pressure and AFR and if either go out of my allowable range it shuts it down to avoid damage.
It’s all monitored . It’s setup now to pull timing if inlet temperature is too hot etc . I haven’t gotten I to boost really at all . I am going through all the things that need to be addressed before we re dyno again
Thanks for the compliment dude ! Sometimes I am really fed up with it and then other days where it looks like it does in the pics I remember why I love the damn thing so much

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users