Oil pressure too high means oil is too thick ?

• Sponsors (?)

Btw - I am going to lower the oil level today to the 5 quarts - too much oil I feel is causing extra work on crank churning more oil

Dude, cmon... the factory oil level mark should be your reference and that's that. Crank windage is probably non-existent as long as the oil level is w/I the reference Mark's on the stick. Unless you've overfilled it, part of that oil is circulating throughout the engine, that'll leave what's left in the pan there as drain back, and in no path of a crank counterweight.

Time to get some sleep, and stop worrying about wasted horsepower from oil.

And for the record..
As the World Turns ran consecutively for 54 years..starting in the mid 50's ending in 2010.

I probably do overthink things , lol ... but , I actually enjoy discussing stuff though , I learned a lot over the years by overthinking . However , I did actually overfill it by 1 quart - I am not opposed to leaving in the extra quart , but my research showed too much oil causes more to churn and more work - I am sure everyone has a different opinion -

I've told people this till I'm sick of saying it. Good explanation!
I'm 53. Also love this forum especially now days. I don't seem to enjoy the general public any longer because most of them wall around brain dead. Drives me crazy. There's some pretty smart folks on here. Excellent conversations!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm only 36 and I'm pretty much done with the general population. I have my friends and acquaintances which I choose to be around, but I enjoy nothing more then to be home with my family or be out in my garage or yard working by myself.

Reactions: 2 users
I just put 5qts in mine and marked the dipstick.

Oh, and I just turned 56. This is the third Fox I've owned. Drove the first two off the lot at the dealerships brand new. I get smacked by the wife too if she's along and I show off a little. She does like cruising with me though.
Here's a picture from the Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis SD last week, at the Mustang Rally with some of the other cars in our club.
IMG_0057.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
So your at the saloon with you wife you lucky dog.???
I just put 5qts in mine and marked the dipstick.

Oh, and I just turned 56. This is the third Fox I've owned. Drove the first two off the lot at the dealerships brand new. I get smacked by the wife too if she's along and I show off a little. She does like cruising with me though.
Here's a picture from the Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis SD last week, at the Mustang Rally with some of the other cars in our club.
IMG_0057.JPG
So your at the saloon with your wife you lucky dog....... I dont drink, alcoholic

So your at the saloon with you wife you lucky dog.???

So your at the saloon with your wife you lucky dog....... I dont drink, alcoholic
Oh yeah. We both have a good time at the Rally. We even met Micheal Ballard, owner and lead singer for Jackyl! The Mustang Rally isn't anything like the bike Rally, there were over 600 cars there though. That's the wife and I on the far right.
69865164_10214087945261944_1165967248725114880_o.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Drained a quart and changed the pvc and crank screen filter ( the screen filter was totally clogged so it a noticeable change , seems to idle smoother )

Did you take the upper intake off? If not, how did you get to the PCV and screen?? I've wanted to do this, but I don't want the hassle of taking the upper intake off.

Did you take the upper intake off? If not, how did you get to the PCV and screen?? I've wanted to do this, but I don't want the hassle of taking the upper intake off.

You need to be a little bit of an acrobat, but you can get to it without taking anything off.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah poop, you are right. I forgot they used to have real gauges on some of the Foxes. I forget what year they switched.

Kurt
Well, LMR shows a new sending unit in 90 and a new one in 94. I think all fox oil pressure senders are variable. The only sub '90 I've owned was an '89. All of mine have varied. My '93 varies. The '91 I just sold varied quite a bit. There is a low threshold where you can see it suddenly switches to nothing on the gauge, though.

That pic makes it look much easier to get to than it is on mine.....
I'm gigantic and I can get to it just by leaning over the fender and reaching back there so a normal size dude should have no problem. You asked did the intake have to come off. Never heard anybody do that just for a PCV valve change. Follow the vacuum line with your hand to the valve and remove it. Pull the grommet out and the screen is right under it. Maximum 5-10 minutes.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Well, LMR shows a new sending unit in 90 and a new one in 94. I think all fox oil pressure senders are variable. The only sub '90 I've owned was an '89. All of mine have varied. My '93 varies. The '91 I just sold varied quite a bit. There is a low threshold where you can see it suddenly switches to nothing on the gauge, though.

That's weird. Both my 93's had the pressure switch; gauge never moved.

Kurt

Walmart Oil the cheapest you can find and your good with your 110k milege all original 5.0 10/ 40 or 20/50...
Yep. When my car started using more oil than I could afford I changed to this oil 10w40. Truth is it's probably just as good as anything else and only $12 for a 5qt jug.